Monday, February 16, 2009

#167 - Stuff... and where did my Phone go?

Today was a pretty quite day. Hubby had the day off for Family Day. He was in one of his 'moods' today. It is so hard to get work done when he is like that. I feel like I have to keep the kids from being bad and try to work. I am sick to death of feeling guilty when I try to get work done. I have to teach a class this week and I need to be ready. Sometimes I wonder about that man. I am just feeling like I need a rest. Between trying to give him time to himself, and trying to keep the kiddos entertained and trying to prepare for a course and doing some contract work. When the heck does he expect me to do my work between 8pm and 1am every night? I think we are heading for another 'discussion'. Which of course goes no where. He just gets mad and leaves the room and won't talk to me. I generally enjoy his company when he is not in his moods. But I just never know how long and when.

I did manage to get through most of Level II today. Now I just have to review some things for the class that I am teaching this week. Level I. I have never taught this class before so it should be interesting. I am usually so over prepared that I don't really worry much about getting through it. The tone of the class usually just depends on the people in it. I have 19 folks registered though, that is big. I am not looking forward to that part. Oh well it's not until Thursday.

THINGS THAT BUG ME

- a pissy man (that would be the husband)
- feeling guilty for working during the day

THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY

- A good friend came over for supper
- Bed time!

KIDDO NOTES
Well the monkeys were in pretty good cheer today.

Baby has been a little grumpy since yesterday as we cut her off the bottle cold turkey. (We cut the boys off at 1 year but it was a pain in the but, so I decided to wait a little longer with Baby and I am glad I did). With the boys we went through several sippy cups before we found one that they would use. With the girl, we just gave her one and that was that. I think she was less impressed by the milk. I ran out of frozen breast milk. (if I ever see a breast pump again I think I will run for the hills! LOL). I meant to kind of wean her off of it, by mixing with more milk, but I forgot! Duh! Well anyway she was a little annoyed at first but she seems to be OK with it today. Yet another step towards old age! :)

We are still struggling with bed time with the boys, but the struggles seem to be getting shorter most of the time. Thank goodness. I am glad that it is getting easier and hope the trend continues!

Oh and the POTTY BLOG. I think we may have had a breakthrough with Boy2 this weekend. He actually asked to go twice today and he actually went. So maybe he is on his way with Liquids now too. Boy1 is doing fairly well with Liquids too. I am trying to get them to use the big potty as much as possible so that I don't have to 'clean out' the little ones. YUCK! So I guess our next hurdle is the solids! We are on our way now, some day we may actually not have to buy diapers/pull-ups around here. What a concept! Something to look forward to!
SUNDAY
I was busy trying to get ready for my course and keep the peace around the house. Hubby and a friend were gone most of the day to go cut firewood. Lucky for me the folks never did show up!

KIDDO NOTES
Baby decided that today was a good day to steal moms phone... Where did I find it? In the 'downspout' of her House toy. I had to call it to find it as I had no idea where to look! I had the ringer turned off so I sent the boys on a mission to find my vibrating Iphone! My hubby was out cutting fire wood and I missed his call. I am surprised one of the kids didn't answer it! LOL (I have a passcode on my phone for a reason... Baby thinks it's a toy! Sheesh)

Rotten Kiddo day! It was a challenge keeping my calm today let me tell you! I know that they have been bad before but when all three of them were screaming at the top of their lungs for different things I really wanted to A) Join IN B) Bang my Head on a hard surface or C) Run very far away. Instead I just spent a lot of time breathing deeply.

Now I need to go to bed!
Good Night!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:13 a.m., February 17, 2009, Anonymous Sarah said...

Visiting you from SITS! Sounds like you keep yourself pretty busy!

 
At 8:30 a.m., February 18, 2009, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Oh, Soralis, I hope things get better soon w/hubby. Potty training w/3 is quite a chore.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home