Thursday, September 10, 2009

#307 - It's a rough week but with some humor!

Well my work week has just started (well my work out of the house part of the week anyway! LOL) I am teaching my first course of the semester. One day down and one day to go! I am trying to just enjoy what I do, but I always worry about the students that are in the class that should be in the more advanced classes. Oh well I guess they are warned at the beginning of the course what is actually in the class and they do have the option to transfer. I always seem to get a few challenging ones in every class. I have a lady that I am not sure if she can read or even understand English for that matter. I can point to a cell on a screen, tell her to click on it and she will do EVERYTHING else but. I am not really sure what the deal is, but at least it gives me something interesting to try to figure out! So tomorrow is the 2nd and last day of the class. After the class I have to head to my other part time job and work until close at 9pm. Then on Saturday... Job2 again. Sunday = Me passing out I think! :) Actually I have to finish off one of the other courses I am working on, not to mention the ecommerce site I am trying to setup and some fixes to another application that I support.

Why does everything have to happen in the same month? LOL

THINGS THAT BUG ME
- stupid drivers (It never ceases to amaze me at the stupidity of the drivers on the road. I sure am glad I don't have to drive in rush hour traffic every day) There was an older gentleman that was cruising to get run over. He got out onto the freeway drove directly into the 'fast lane' and was doing about 20kms lower than the speed limit. Not to mention that everyone drives about 20kms over the speed limit. So what the heck he needed to be out in the fast lane for (besides to cause a traffic jam) is anybody's guess. We went for miles and he never turned left (not that you can really turn left on that road anyway!)
- my mother (she actually showed up to look after the kids today... one never knows with her) and she is such a joy to be around in the morning that I could just Throw UP!

THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY
- coming home after a long day at work! :)

KIDDO NOTES
It's so great to come home and the kids actually want me instead of Dad for a change. I even manage to get some hugs and kisses out of Baby... usually she only gives those to Dad when he gets home from work!

So here is a bit on Potty Training... When all else fails turn to technology to help out. If you have been following for a while you will know that we have been having some issues getting Boy1 to use the potty. I have tried everything and could not find anything to bribe the monkey. Toys, new toys, gummy bears, bran bites (ya I know weird, but with twins you are doing a lot of 'bribing' so I wanted something a little more healthy than candy.) Well anyway months later Boy1 is still not using the potty for the solids. Little did I know the answer to my problems was in my back pocket the entire time. (Now you are probably thinking what the heck is she talking about). Well he is my kid and I am TOTALLY technology addicted. Makes sense that one of my kids might be that way. Low and behold my IPHONE is the trick to potty training, haven't even had an accident since.

I have a free bubble app that I downloaded from the internet and a 99cent "PhonyPhone" app that I downloaded as well. When Boy1 has to go potty now he only wants Mom and he will sit and play on the IPHONE until his "job" is done!

I may have to send this one to apple as new way to use your iphone/ipod touch! HA HA!

I guess I will have to call it the Poopy Phone from now one! (And make sure to disinfect it with those nice antibacterial wipes too!:)

Hope you had a laugh over this one... good night!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:19 a.m., September 11, 2009, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

That is funny, potty training by I.phone!!!
Sorry for the work overload and your pia mother.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home