Monday, August 31, 2009

#302 - HOT

Well it was a HOT one today. Probably just about as hot as it ever gets around here. So what were we doing? Putting sealer on our paved driveway, hmm black stuff on a hot day! Now it wouldn't be such a big deal but we live on an acreage remember and we have a looooong driveway! We were out there with brooms and the sealer just a working away. I am sure the neighbours though we were nuts! (They aren't far from the truth!) Oh ya and hubby and I were both in jeans neither one of us wear shorts! Ha Ha a sight for all to see that's for sure!

Hubby bought the sealer at the beginning of the year when it was on sale and we haven't made time to do it. But since it can't freeze through the winter we had to get it done while it was nice and before the rain comes too. That's a tough one around here, one never knows!

Hubby says next time he has the idea to seal the drive way himself to hit him with the broom and go hire someone... duh! I could have told you that, have you looked at the size of our driveway! Oh ya and we got six buckets and we will probably need about 5 or 6 more after we are done. So part of our driveway will have to wait until next year when the stuff goes on sale again. I am way to cheap to buy any more right now given the reduced wage situation!

Oh ya and I bought two things off the internet and guess what, someone stole my card number. I got a call from the credit card security department on Sunday night. So I called them and arranged to have my card canceled. Then later that night I wanted to check as I had a weird feeling and I couldn't find the transactions in question on my statement. FREAK OUT here! So I called the regular number that I usually use for the card company and checked to make sure I was actually talking to their security department and that my card had been canceled. It was Freak out for nothing! So now I am annoyed about my card. I think I am going to get a separate card just for internet shopping with a really low limit as my other card scares me due to the limit on it!

THINGS THAT BUG ME
- working in the heat
- credit card thieves
- laundry (I keep forgetting to take mine out of the washing machine... ick)
- too much work, not enough time

THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY
- good kids
- getting 2 of 3 courses ready and working on the last one

KIDDO NOTES
My boys don't need me anymore :(. They went and played on their swing set (in the shade thank goodness) while hubby and I painted/sealed the driveway. I could see them from where we were, but they were playing without one of us right with them. I am so sad they are growing up WAY to fast. I am also happy that they love to amuse themselves with sticks and dirt and whatever else is in their 'play area' outside. They did come check to see if we were done once but that was it. Usually they have to play right beside where we are working, but not today. Baby was sleeping and my boys were busy busy!

(Oh ya and I saw a school bus, first day back around here, and I wanted to cry. Next year my boys will be off to kindergarten. What happened to those two babies we brought home? I am not ready to send them off into the great big world just yet! I have a year I better enjoy it!

Better be off to bed now... very very tired and lots of work to do on my last course!
Good night!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 4:19 a.m., September 01, 2009, Anonymous Kristin said...

OMGosh, I think I Would have passed out trying to seal the driveway in the heat.

It is so bittersweet to have moments like that with your kids. You are so proud that they are growing up but part of you wants them to stay little forever.

 
At 8:14 a.m., September 01, 2009, Anonymous sky girl said...

You're crazy. It's well worth the money to hire someone to do it for you.

Where did you use your CC when it got stolen?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home