Saturday, August 08, 2009

#293 - Are you kidding me? and other stuff!

So today was a work day. I knew I was going in for some fun today as they phoned to warn me one of our computers was 'down'. (Which equates to one of our tills)

Sooo... try to find a floppy disk to update some files. HA HA HA! Then try to copy our system files from another computer to CD... guess what the 'broken' computer also has a broken CD drive. GREAT. Go get our receiving computer from the back. Start hooking it up, guess what no printer port (gotta love USB's). Phone hubby to see if my old lap top happens to have a printer port... nope. Get receiving computer setup (without cash drawer or receipt printer, hmmm kind of pointless!) Attempt to get one of our other receipt printers working (usb style). HA HA HA This printer is a label printer, owner bought it thinking it was a reciept printer! (Not to computer savvy that one!)

Finally after 3/4's of the day get the stupid computer printing to our other receipt printer for our other till. (Great both tills print to the same printer!) Did I mention that printer is almost illegible... hence the purchase of the two other printers that ended up being label printers. Are you still with me? I think I am getting confused.

Anyway got everything working, then decided to type up a note to the rest of the staff. (a half hour before close). Our laser printer at the tills NOT working either. Are you kidding me? Drag another printer from the back, hook it up and get it working so we can cash out. Get it working about 10 minutes before close! (Oh ya and the power cord wasn't long enough so I had to find an extension cord too!)

So that was 7 hours out of my day.. how about you! :)

Oh as for the other stuff... it seems as though my panic attacks are coming back. They come out of the blue and really aren't tied to anything stress related? Arrrrgg... Maybe they will have to increase my medication. I am so bummed!

THINGS THAT BUG ME
- windows
- broken windows
- computers
- printers
- printer drivers
- etc!

THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY
- my MAC! :)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:17 a.m., August 09, 2009, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

My gosh, your computer work set up sounds like an effing nightmare. Sorry for the increased anxiety, hope things mellow soon. ((Hugs)) and here if you need anything.

 
At 10:12 a.m., August 09, 2009, Anonymous Kristin said...

OMG...that sounds amazingly annoying. {{{Hugs}}}

 

Post a Comment

<< Home