Friday, July 24, 2009

#286 - Finally!

We finally got into the pool today! It was finally hot enough outside (well too hot), but enough to get the pool warm enough to get into. I really would like to get a solar heater for the pool though as I like it really warm! OK so I don't like it really warm outside but I like it really warm in the pool? OK I am messed up, according to my hubby! (Just like I like the temp of the house about 25 in the winter and that's too hot in the summer... go figure!)

The hubby was even in the pool today. (He's not much of a water guy) He said now we are living the life! HA HA it's a 12' pool 36" deep. Yup definitely high style! HA HA At least it keeps us cool!

THINGS THAT BUG ME
- needing a hair cut
- cutting my bangs (hairdresser is going to have a bird) and not doing such a great job! Oh well at least they are out of my eyes now! I didn't touch the rest of my head, but I was tempted. Hubby asked me if I used scissors or a knife. Remind me to make him some chocolate cookies with ex-lax! :)

THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY
- finally having a pool to swim in, well cool off in. A little to small to swim laps, circles maybe?

KIDDO NOTES
Kids were good today. They really liked the pool. Boy1 is like mom, Mr. Freezy. He didn't want to get out and he was shivering away.

Boy1 was is always 'swimming' in the bathtub so we figured he would be the brave one in the pool. NOT! Boy2 was more willing to try things. I don't get it? Just when you think you have the little buggers figured out they change it up!

Ahh and then there is Baby. She was not happy when she got in, but either was I, it's cold at first! She has this thing about walking on 'stuff' other than the usual floor and carpet. She doesn't even like to stand on the ceramic tile in the bathroom. Well there was no stinking way I could get her to put her feet on the bottom of the pool at first. She was floating on her belly and kicking away. She was having a great time. After some coaxing I managed to get her to put her feet on the bottom and walk around. Then she liked that! Toys to play with too! After I had her on her belly she wanted to do it again, but being Miss Independent she wanted to do it herself. She was holding on to the side and sticking her legs out. She comes up will all sorts of original ideas that continually amaze me!

(I just like the pool because I can sit on the bottom and cool off when the kids play! Although I am a bit obsessed with the skimmer. I like to keep the water clean-ish! :)

Yet another day to put in the memory vault as a great day. (It really enforces in my mind how much infertility SUCKS!)

Good Night...

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 12:35 a.m., July 25, 2009, Anonymous Kristin said...

Glad y'all had such a good time with the kids and the pool.

 
At 3:57 p.m., July 25, 2009, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Sounds delightful. Baby girl sounds so funny w/her foot walking particularities.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home