Wednesday, April 29, 2009

#233 - Coasting

Well today I kept myself busy. I finally found the counter under the junk in the kitchen (this is what happens when I work too much, hubby hides the counter with crap! LOL). It sure felt good to get it cleaned up. So what does hubby do when he gets home? No he didn't say 'nice honey' or 'thank you'. He made a 'shocked' face and buggered off... that was it. That boy needs a lesson in being nice to his wife and while he is at it he should learn to say sorry. I think in 15 years I have heard him say it maybe twice... but that's another story.

I received my list of classes that I will be teaching in the new semester. Usually I teach Excel and Access, but this time no Excel. (It's kind of hard to get motivated to update my course that I am working on when I may not teach it again until possibly January. Ugg) Here's the kicker I told my babysitter, my b*tch of a mother that is, that I had one in July and 2 in September. She of course (without knowing the dates) told me that she is busy in July and they are going on vacation in September. EVERY single class she has some kind of excuse! I don't know how she manages to find so many different excuses. Then it will be dark in October so she won't be able to drive then and well November is snow so forget that too. Sure glad she likes to spend time with her grandkids. I have been looking for a real sitter but haven't had much luck so far!

Every time I talk to that woman I just want to throw up. I really need to find a new sitter!

THINGS THAT BUG ME
- you guessed it My mother
- the horrible scheduling at the college I teach at
- when my husband is an @ss!

THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY
- having some time to clean up the house and do laundry

KIDDO NOTES
Well it was a pretty good day around here today. Not too much whining (phew!). This afternoon the boys and I went down to the basement (aka scrapbooking room). I gave them stickers and a sticker book as well as some drawing materials. They sat beside me while I 'played' with my Cricut and did their thing. Boy#1 told his dad that he had his 'scrapbooking' stuff and he was putting it away! It was fun to sit with them and have them do their own thing! They love stickers, they must have played for an hour, no fighting and only one teeny whine incident!

Baby is Boy#1's shadow these days. She follows him around and repeats everything he says. I think she is Boy#1's Mini Me! LOL Boy#1 is enjoying it as he tells her what to do and how to pronounce words. Finally someone who will actually listen to him!

Today was a good day and I loooove those. (I am ignoring the hubby being a jerk to me tonight since the kids were such a joy today!)

Off I go to glue my glasses (I broke the frame and I have to wait until next week to get my eyes tested and get new glasses!) and go to bed

Good night

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:09 a.m., April 30, 2009, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

I love a clean countertop too. Sorry Dh is grumpy. Are there any college or high school students available to help as sitters?
Good luck.

 
At 9:58 a.m., April 30, 2009, Anonymous Kristin said...

Why is it that we are the only ones capable of cleaning the counters when they leave 3/4 of the shit there?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home