Sunday, April 19, 2009

#224 - OH NO!

Well today was a good day at work. Nice customers and fun staff. Who can complain! As per usually some scrapbooking stuff followed me home too! Not to much though, I am starting to save money 'just in case' hubby's job doesn't make it through the current slow down.

Saturday was my monthly scrap with the girls. I managed to get 10 pages completed and 4 started. It was a slow day for me but that's OK at least I go some stuff done!

You could sure tell the weather is nicer that it has been, there was people walking everywhere today. I suppose everyone is anxious to get outside now that winter is on it's way out!

I finished getting ready for my next class tonight so now I can just focus on my other project. I hope this next class goes well, sometimes they just go better than others. I am so glad they are only 2 days!

THINGS THAT BUG ME
- sore feet (I really need to wear my orthotics more. I only wear them when I am at work, and my feet like to complain! :)

THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY
- nice weather, quick melt of the snow, no stinky run-off (yuck)
- acreage living

KIDDO NOTES
The kids have been pretty good all weekend. Boy1 was downstairs for a little while with me on Saturday. I was cutting him some hearts (I tried to convince him that the animals would be cool, but he wanted hearts! :) ) on my cricut. Well after we did his we had to do some for his bro and sis. Well if I didn't turn around and he was putting the paper on the mat, loading it into the machine and trying to move the blade to the correct position for the paper size! I gave him a little help with the positioning and he selected the icon he wanted to cut and he pressed the cut button. When the cut was done he pressed the button to unload the paper and he removed the hearts from the mat. (I think I must use that thing to often if he knows what to do!) Not bad for a 3 year old I suppose! :)

Now for the OH NO part of the post! Today the kids were outside most of the day. Hubby said that Boy1 was driving Baby around in his gator and showing her the yard. (I can just imagine... he is happiest when HE is the boss! :) ) Well anyway I arrived home for supper, the kids were already eating, the first thing they said is "Mom I climbed tree". OMG they were climbing trees and Hubby let them... aaaaaaahhhhh ! :) I think hubby could see the look of horror on my face and he said they were climbing on the trees that were split near the bottom... phew!

You see I have this thing about climbing and play centers. As I child I couldn't climb on them for some reason, not sure why exactly? When I became an adult I could not bear to watch any child climbing trees or on monkey bars. I have to look away, and these aren't even my kids. Needless to say I have been dreading the day that I have to watch my own kids climb away (and pretend that it doesn't bug me!). So now I better get ready, there is no break in period with twins, no one at a time, OMG both of them are going to be climbing on everything now. I think I may need to be medicated! LOL I suppose I will just be happy after they are done and no one has broken anything! :)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:01 p.m., April 19, 2009, Anonymous Kristin said...

How cool that he is already figuring out your scrapbooking stuff...sounds like fun in the future.

 
At 8:52 a.m., April 20, 2009, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

That is so cute w/the Cricut. I have no advice re.the tree climbing except it's programmed into little boys to climb.
Sorry about your feet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home