Tuesday, March 31, 2009

#206 - 1/2 WAY!

One thing that I like about teaching the two day course is that at the end of the first day you are half way there! Half way done and half way to another pay cheque! (Pay Cheques are good when you have a mortgage to pay! LOL)

It's a pretty good class, 16 people this time so not the 19 that was expected (phew!). I have a couple of non-computer users in this one which makes things interesting. They should know at least what the basics are when they get to this class. Like where the shift key is... or at least that there is a shift key somewhere! :) It always makes it challenging when you have a couple folks that just don't get it and can't follow simple instructions and then the other half of the class is probably WAY to advanced for this course. Well you do your best and way you go! :)

THINGS THAT BUG ME
- rush hour traffic (man I don't miss that from the good 'ole days working 8 to 5)
- rush hour traffic, 3 lanes, red light, 3 full semi trucks (can you say "slow") It really bugs me when they get beside each other. Can't they at least leave one lane open for us poor vehicles that can go more than 2 kms per hour for 3 blocks until they get rolling! :)
- messing up my document update! Sheesh!
- when my mother arrives in one of her moods in the morning. What a way to start the day with a big ole grumpy face. (When I lived at home I would get screamed at for days on end, hours on end if I didn't say "GOOD" in front of Morning when I got up. I also had to be in a chipper mood or else! WTF? Now I am no morning person, but if ya just don't bug me I am fine and not at all grumpy (unless of course I can't find something! :))

THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY
- half way done another course
- finally getting a key to the class room so that I don't have to keep borrowing my dads... sheesh! (my mother is such a crab about it too! She is like the troll that guards dad's key)
- only one more morning this week to see the nasty crazy lady!

KIDDO NOTES
I love to come home to all three kiddos standing at the back door just waiting to greet me! Hugs and kisses all around. They just can't wait to tell me about their day even if they haven't got all the words they need just yet! Makes me feel so good that they are so very happy to see me. It's also nice that I am home at a decent time!

With that I am off to bed!

Good night

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:57 a.m., April 01, 2009, Anonymous Kristin said...

How can anyone be that clueless about a computer keyboard? It boggles the mind.

 
At 8:19 a.m., April 01, 2009, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

It must be a challenge to teach folks of such varying abilities, good for you!
I'm so glad the kiddos give you lots of love and kisses when you get home, so sweet.
Your mom has got some Issues, holy guacamole.
Thank you for the nice comment, I hope we meet IRL too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home