Monday, March 30, 2009

#205 - Swamped

Well I am almost ready for my class that I am teaching tomorrow and Wednesday. MS Excel here I come!

I am a little irritated that I have gotten myself into so much these days. I would like a couple hours in the evening to so something I would like to do instead of class prep or programming a new system or working at my other job. It will get easier once I have been through all these courses again, I am just so impatient. I can't wait for Job #2 - teaching to require less of my time for prep. It seems the more I do the faster time passes and the more stuff piles up. It doesn't help that I seem to have to work on most things in chunks of 2 or sometimes 3 hours of time, it makes it feel like it is taking forever! :)

THINGS THAT BUG ME
- bathrooms in my house that need cleaning
- my mother (she is supposed to look after the kids this week, but apparently someone she is 'close to' passed away and she 'thinks' the funeral might be Wednesday. She is so close to this woman that I have never heard this ladies name in my entire life. She has never visited this woman who has been in the nursing home for who knows how long either. Now if you were so close wouldn't you visit someone cooped up in a nursing home? So anyway I may not have a babysitter on Wednesday now. I could understand if it was someone she kind of knew... but this is just crap!)

THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY
- being ready for my next course and it's not midnight yet!

KIDDO NOTES
It was a pretty good day around our house today. We had the usual fighting over toys but other than that it was pretty calm. I like calm. I even got 1 entire hour of peace today so I was able to work on one 2 page scrapbook layout!

I suppose I shouldn't do that, spend an hour (well not quite I am usually tending to someone or checking out what someone is building) of me time. I feel like I am neglecting the kiddos. Then when hubby gets home it's back to work for me. I just want to not have so much on my plate. (I probably should quit the scrapbook store job, but I love it there! I won't be taking on any contract work anytime soon that's for sure!)

Grandma will come tomorrow and look after the kids for a half day, then hubby will have to load up the kids and drive her home (she won't drive here in the morning because it's dark... her latest excuse because the roads aren't bad). I am sure she will tell everyone that she was here all day though! The kids will be up for 3 hole hours at the most when she comes... now there is some hard work for her!

Good night!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:24 p.m., March 30, 2009, Anonymous Kristin said...

Hope you aren't left scrambling for child care on Wednesday.

 
At 8:10 a.m., March 31, 2009, Anonymous sky girl said...

I don't know how you manage with everything you've got on your plate.

 
At 9:35 a.m., March 31, 2009, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

If you are not used to being around little children, three hours seems like a whole day.
You deserve time to yourself to do things you enjoy!!! It is absolutely mandatory that you nuture yourself. How can give to our family if we don't first learn to give and take care of ourselves?? Sorry for this virtual kick in the tush, You are Amazing!!!! Don't ever forget.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home