Friday, February 13, 2009

#164 - It's Friday and the 13th!

Well first I would like to thank everyone for the comments on my new digs! I did want to let you know that I can't take full credit. I borrowed code from several places to create my layout, it was interesting to try to put different components that I liked together though! I want to play with it a bit more and create some more of my own stuff, such as photoshop brushes etc. I did use things I found as a base and built on them from there. It has been fun and I definitely would like to do some more! :)

Today was pretty much run of the mill around here. Not too much exciting... and then the phone rang.

Well it was the call I was dreading for almost a month. It was my mother. She had her I am going to cry voice starting so I knew I was in for it. She started in to me about next week, she is supposed to help when I teach. Oh yes and then she made some comment about how she goes out of her way to help us out all the time, are you effing kidding me. So finally I got really mad and told her that If she isn't interested in her Grandkids that it was her problem. She TOLD me that I should be calling her, but that I am always to busy (imagine that I am busy?). Well when I started saying stuff about her not wanting to check up on the kids she let me have it, and I couldn't do much from there. You see it was her birthday yesterday and I forgot. I did feel like crap for that one, I can't believe I forgot. So anyway she 'got me' I shut down. The worst part is She will think that I didn't phone her on purpose, not that I actually forgot. I won't live this one down ever. I guess I am the b*tch of a daughter she thinks I am after all. Oh boy am I going to pay for this one.

They are coming out tomorrow to drop of valentines presents for the kids (because really life is only about giving gifts for every holiday). Lucky me I am at work! Phew. I am concerned that they are coming out on Sunday to park their snowmobiles here, I pray they don't come as my hubby will be gone all day, so it will could get ugly.

So let me see tomorrow is Valentines day. Of course we aren't going out for supper as we don't deserve it I am sure. Then there is the whole anniversary of my hubby's getting screwed at work, and the delay it caused our first IVF. My parents will come over and be a downer. Then they will probably show up on Sunday to be more of a downer, and my hubby will be gone so I will have to take the brunt of it. Then there is Monday, a holiday day, to which I will have to work all day to get caught up. I just want this weekend to be done.

I was so enjoying my reprieve from my mother. I really need for her to get the eff off my case!

I did have a friend over to make cards tonight. I was planning on getting a bunch of stuff done, but I just wasn't into it after the whole mother thing. I did get a few cute cards done, when I have a chance I will post some pics. I even made my mother a belated b-day card from the kids. Sheesh no wonder I wasn't into it!


THINGS THAT BUG ME

- see above!

THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY
- a visit with a friend
- crafting with the kiddos today

KIDDO NOTES
The kiddos weren't in as good as cheer as yesterday. I really needed them to be after the call from the mother. I did manage to keep my calm with them so I was happy with myself as that was a bit difficult, but I knew that they didn't deserve to have a grumpy mom just because of grandma.

Before Grandma called I was downstairs with the kiddos making Valentines cards for Dad. The boys stamped some hearts on some paper I cut out for them. Then they coloured their paper and used my glue runner to glue the pieces on. They love the glue runner! Baby had to join in of course, so she went crazy colouring with the crayons. She did a really good job of 'scribbling' on the page. When the kids were done with the cards it was on to the foam shapes and foam sheets. They loved to pull off the backing and sick the sticky foam shapes on the sheets. Baby was even sticking the shapes down too. I loved watching her chubby short little fingers try to maneuver around to stick the shapes down. She does catch on really quickly though. She was even pulling some of the paper off the back (the paper that covers the sticky stuff) and of course she had to put it into the recycling bucket just like her brothers. It was a great moment with the three of them. I just wish the mother didn't call before we were done as I felt ill after getting off the phone. Not to mention that I don't like fighting in front of my kids.

Why do I let that women get to me like she does?

The boys didn't not want me to make cards tonight. They were quite upset when I went downstairs. It's amazing how quickly they recover though!

I just can't ever imagine treating them like my mother treats me. I sure hope that they never look at me through the same glasses I see my mother.

Well I need to get to bed as I have to work tomorrow.

Good night...

Life is a long lesson in humility. - James M. Barrie (1860 - 1937)

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 4:48 a.m., February 14, 2009, Anonymous Jamie said...

Your new site does look great!!

I'm sorry your mom is such a pain. I hope she sees the error of her ways soon.

 
At 1:25 p.m., February 14, 2009, Anonymous Kristin said...

I'm sorry your mom causes such problems.

Can't wait to see the cards you created.

 
At 2:11 p.m., February 14, 2009, Anonymous Bluebird said...

Ugh, what a disaster! I'm so sorry you're dealing with all this. Sounds miserable.

 
At 4:10 p.m., February 14, 2009, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

I am so sorry about you and your Mom. Here's hoping it all works out with a minimum of drama. ((Hugs))

 
At 9:49 a.m., February 15, 2009, Anonymous Trish said...

I am sorry to hear that your relationship with your mom is not what you would like for it to be. It is hard for me to imagine because my mom and I are really close. At least you have your precious children to keep your spirits up! I need some advice if you don't mind. I love to scrapbook, and try to do so when I have time, but I, like you, am waaaaayyyy behind. Part of the problem is that I can't seem to find any christmas type paper (12 X 12). There used to be a scrapbooking store near me, but it closed, so now I have nowhere to go. Walmart and Target sometimes have things like stickers, but I can't seem to find papers. Do you have any suggestions as to where I can look? I don't mind buying online if I need to! If you can help, will you post on my blog or email me? athena718@hotmail.com
Thanks!!
Trish

 
At 7:04 p.m., February 16, 2009, Anonymous Carrie27 said...

Again, your mom sounds very similar to my mom. She believes that gifts make everything better. Sigh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home