Sunday, February 08, 2009

#159 - Another weekend DONE!

I just can't believe how fast the weekends have been flying by. I spent some time outside in the morning, then the afternoon was spent working on more course prep. We had a friend come over for a visit in the afternoon and he stayed for supper. It was a good day!

THINGS THAT BUG ME
- how fast time is flying by before my eyes!

THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY
- A day at home with my family

KIDDO NOTES
I got up this morning (kind of late, hubby let me sleep in a bit). Well I looked out the kids window I saw hubby. I never noticed the deafening quiet in the house! LOL. I wondered where the kids were. Then I realized they were outside. All of them, and my sweet baby she was walking around in the snow. I was almost in tears to see how much she has grown up. (happy/sad tears!) She looked like a big pink poof. Her snow suit is a little big for her so her boots were holding the pants up off the ground and she was all puffy. I am not really sure how she was moving! She was walking in the funniest way, little steps, kind of like a penguin. She fell over once and instead of putting her hands up near her head they were down low. In slow motion she would kind of teeter onto her face, getting snow on her face and hat. It was so cute. I grabbed the video camera, threw my boots on (no socks on yet), and coat and headed outside. It's hard to believe she is getting so big. She is just at such a great stage right now that I wish she could stay this way for a while longer than they usually do!

Watching Baby grow makes me a little sad, with the boys it seems that we missed so much as we were just trying to keep up when they were little. It just seems that it's easier to absorb everything that just one little person is doing. I feel as though the boys kind of got jipped of their baby time, having to share Mom and Dad. (Although it was nice to always have a baby to hold!)

The boys were funny outside, they both had the hoods on their jackets on and one of the boys had sunglasses on. They just wandered about, played with the snow, and their shovels. They are very good at amusing themselves, when they want to.

Well you know I have to talk about the Potty! LOL. We now have 2 boys working on the potty training. They were both dry when they got up this morning and directly headed to the potty and did their business. I just cross my fingers that it continues on the good side. I do not like having two potties to empty though, yuck!

The kids and the hubby were all very good today, I guess they all need that fresh air!

I am thinking that I should really post some photos of the kiddos on my blog. I think I may password protect them though. I still am mulling it over as I want to stay somewhat private.

Good night

"Instead of giving a politician the keys to the city, it might be better to change the locks." -Doug Larson

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 4:48 a.m., February 09, 2009, Anonymous Kristin said...

Please, please tell me your potty training secret. My oldest two weren't easy but Gabe keeps looking at me and saying, "Not yet!".

 
At 6:09 a.m., February 09, 2009, Anonymous Danifred said...

It is amazing how quickly time flies and how fast they grow.
And, I need that potty training secret myself- we are soooooo stuck!!!!

 
At 7:39 a.m., February 09, 2009, Anonymous Bluebird said...

What a precious image! It sounds like you all had a nice weekend.

 
At 11:47 a.m., February 09, 2009, Anonymous rachael (rachael marie photography) said...

my weekends seem to fly by too...it is so hard to hold onto that time!

 
At 6:12 p.m., February 10, 2009, Anonymous Carrie27 said...

Yes, please post pics of the kiddos. Your little girl probably looked adorable in her pink snow suit.

Yay for potty training success! Your diaper costs are going to be cut tremendously, very soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home