Saturday, February 07, 2009

#158 - Oh No I missed a day!

I have been keeping out of trouble the last couple of days. I had to work last night and today (I think someone different was doing the scheduling this month... usually it's Thursday and Saturday or Friday and Sunday). It's a pain working Friday night then Saturday. There was a mix up on Friday night, there was a late night crop, only the lady that was working it forget. She did show up which was good, but we were a bit late getting out of there. Today was busy and we were training a new gal so that kept me out of trouble. Then we had the nice people that just kept shopping and shopping and shopping after we were closed. Like hello people have some respect for other people's time. I never do that. If I come in close to closing I am always out at least 5mins before any store closes. This one women kept looking for more stuff and her friend kept trying to get her out, that part was at least somewhat humorous!

Friday I didn't get much work done on my course prep, but I am back in the swing of things so I am going to get back at it tomorrow. I would much rather do something fun with the kids, but I have to take advantage of hubby being home. I also have to get ready for a meeting next week for one of my contracts, so I think Sunday will be a busy day.

THINGS THAT BUG ME
- people who don't understand what Closing time means

THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY
- meeting new people at work (we have a new staff member and I really like her) Aaaannd she may be a candidate for looking after my kiddos when I work Fridays (now I just have to find someone for when I work any of the other days of the week.. uggg)

KIDDO NOTES/POTTY BLOG

Huston we have lift-off! Are you sitting down? Boy1 got up this morning and peed on the potty! Yey. Boy2 did the same! Finally Boy1 seems to be getting on the 'train'. Hubby tells me it was a pretty good day for potty training today. I am hoping we are on a roll now! We just have to get the #2 thing going next!

Last night when I was at work Hubby tells me that Boy1 gave baby a fat lip. He wasn't in the room, but it looks like Boy1 bonked baby on the lip with her dolly. (It has a hard plastic head). He said he hit baby when hubby walked in the room. He is usually really good with her so I am not sure what actually happened.

We had visitors this evening so the Boy2 and Baby had their screaming fits. Boy1 was Mr. Social for a change. Hubby gets so mad a Boy2 when he is scared, it really pisses me off. I told him that doesn't help and walked out of the room, sometimes he is such an idiot with the kids! (he is usually really great, but I guess we all have our moments. I am certainly no Mother of the year, I screw up all the time!) I don't like to see hubby getting mad at him though as that is not going to help at all.

They did eventually calm down (hubby included) and we had a nice visit. Poor hubby was all flustered we had visitors as we needed to bath the kids. Holly crap that guy is un-friendly when he has other plans. Like sit down and enjoy a visit you goof ball! Men... uggg!

I am amazed at all the Baby is learning these days, she is so busy walking around and repeating everything it's just happening so fast. I am trying to soak in every moment as I know it will fly by so fast. Her latest obsession is to 'fall down', off the couch, off the bed, off the stool, off whatever she can get up on. I really have to watch her right now as who knows what she is going to climb up on and fall off. She isn't quite like the boys in that she does it very gently and carefully. I am glad to see she is somewhat cautious. I am however worried that she may try it off something to high one of these days. We try all sorts of words with her and she will pretty much try to repeat anything! Some she is better at then others.

On Friday our house pest stopped by, and no he's not staying. He needed to pick some of his stuff up. (We are storing a bunch of his belongings). Anyway he had gotten a hold of some second hand train set pieces for the kids and he dropped them off. He definitely has a kind heart. He also thanked us again for all that we have done for him. It does look like he may have a really good full time job now too, he finds out next week. I am crossing my fingers for him. Then we will only have a weekend guest every 2 or 3 months instead as it's in another city. I can deal with that.

Anyway after he dropped the stuff off for the kids, they waved good bye. The Boy1 said " Good Man", then Boy2 repeated it of course. I am not sure where they got it from but I thought it was pretty cute!

Good night!

To measure the man, measure his heart." - Malcolm Stevenson Forbes

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 6:52 a.m., February 08, 2009, Anonymous Kristin said...

Your kids sound fabulous. I love what the boys said..."Good man".

 
At 6:08 p.m., February 08, 2009, Anonymous Carrie27 said...

Yay for potty success!!!

My daugher can also pretty much repeat anything you ask her too, it's crazy how fast they grow and learn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home