Sunday, February 01, 2009

#153 - Prep Time and Playdough!

So much for our weekend day together.  I spent most of my time Prepping for my next course!  I am scheduled to teach Excel Level I in a few weeks so I need to get my butt in gear and make sure I am ready.  I like to be ultra prepared to make sure that everything is ready to go and I don't have to do to much extra 'thinking' on the fly.  Thinking on the fly is not one of my strong points, I would much prefer to have everything laid out.  Then I just have to react to questions and not worry about the rest!  I imagine after I have been doing this for a while I won't need so much time to get ready.  Until then it's definitely worth my while.

No scrapbooking today!  bummer!  I must admit I did have a little nap this afternoon.  I was really tired for some reason, A couple hours of using my brain seems to really get me tired these days! ha ha!

Oh yes I crashed Vista today - blue screen of death!  Sheesh I bet I have less than 40 hours using vista and kaboom!  All I was doing was looking at the help screen in excel!  I am sooo good at crashing all sorts of 'stuff'.  (Our wireless keyboard at work doesn't like me too much either!  It must be my magnetic personality <insert me laughing my arce off here!>)

Mom update - still haven't heard from her.  Not that I am complaining (except for the part where I cringe when the phone rings).  I must be in big trouble.  I think the hubbs is going to have to take a day off work so I can teach in February.  (Great she is coming to the scrapbooking retreat at the end of Feb.  ugg!)

THINGS THAT BUG ME
- How quickly time flies by!
- Potty training

THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY
- I am almost half way through my Prep for my first course (I need to do 2 before the middle of February!)
- I found out they have wireless where I am going for my scrapbooking weekend

KIDDO NOTES

Well it was playdough day today (note to self do this when hubby is not around, he can't handle a mess?  I wonder if his mother ever let him do anything fun?).  I was trying to keep the kids amused while I worked on my class prep so I got out the playdough.  It's not something we do a lot so they really enjoy it.  (Hubby thinks this is an outdoor activity... whatever!) I put Baby in her high chair and gave her some playdough toys and then I squished some playdough through one of those spagetti maker thingys.  Well that kid is quick.  I popped the playdough spagetti off and wammo she grabbed a piece and put it in her mouth.  I got some of it, but I guess it wasn't to tasty as she spit the rest out.  She had a totally disgusted look on her face, as if it was ALL my fault!  :)  After that I didn't have to worry about her putting it in her mouth!  She didn't really like the feel of it so she just played with the tools for awhile instead.

The boys had a blast.  They played until lunch.  They sat there for an hour and a half and went crazy with playdough.  I couldn't believe at how little of a mess they made.  There wasn't even much to clean up off the floor after they were done (I think hubby may have been cleaning up as they went, a little anal I would say.  Although I should talk, miss floor washer!)

After lunch they were back to their 'fire' building in the play kitchen.  I hope they grow out of this phase before they are teenagers, we have a lot of trees on our property!

Baby is into hugs right now and I am looooving every minute of it.  I even managed to get her to sit with me for a while when she was looking at her shelf of stuffed toys.  She is a mover now so it's nice when you can get her to sit for 5 minutes!  I wish I could freeze time for a while, she is growing so very fast.

Good night



Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:28 a.m., February 02, 2009, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

You sound so busy, and I am happy you are getting so much done for your course.
I love Hugs from toddlers, what a treat.
My boys made such a mess with playdough, but had so much fun.

 
At 12:08 a.m., February 07, 2009, Anonymous •´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Trish.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

i need to make my boys some playdough - you sound so buys how do you find the time ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home