Saturday, January 17, 2009

#137 - Another day in the trenches!

Well today was a work day!  It was exhausting today, it was really busy.  I also spent some time, in between customers, setting up our printer so that it was available from all the computers in the store.  I also setup a shared directory for copying files between all the computers too.  It was driving me crazy that nothing was networked and you needed a memory stick to copy files between computers, or to print documents!!  Sheesh.  I also got to play with our scanner.  It is awesome, you can scan a 12 * 24 page on that thing!  Schweet for those of us who love technology!

I do like working there but I am finding it really difficult not being home 2 full days with my hubby a week.  We only seem to ever get one day if we are lucky! It's good in theory to work when the hubby is home, but the practicality of it is not the greatest!  (Especially when you are trying to clean up and nasty old house!)

It was nice to come home to supper ready!  My hubby rocks (when he wants to!) 

We had an unexpected visitor tonight... my parents (the mother that was deathly ill yesterday was out sledding (snowmobiling) all day).  Oh yes and apparently she was well enough to go out last night to a cousin's daughter's hockey game.  Yup time enough for the sister's kids but they show up here, unannounced, 10 minutes before we put our kids to bed.  Then they have the nerve to say that they didn't realize the time.  Oh yes then I got to hear all about what a wonderful day they had and how we should go out.  What are we supposed to store the kiddos in the trunk when we go, hmmm let me see, 3 kids, 2 sleds...  Maybe we are supposed to swallow the kids whole and poop them out later when we are done!   Boy1 is terrified of the skidoo's anyway, I told the mother that, and she told me that he would be fine.  (Cause they know my kids better than I do right!)

On to a totally different subject!
Thanks to DD at TKO I found something I need to get!

THINGS THAT BUG ME
- still the house guest!
- missing a whole day with the kiddos :(

THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY
- the greeting the kiddos give me when I get home from work

KIDDO NOTES
Unfortunately I didn't get much time to spend with the monkeys today!   Hubby had the kids outside this morning.  They had a great time outside apparently, I missed it all :(.

I am not sure about that Boy2 though,  he was so excited when grandma and grandpa got here that he wanted them to know he went potty so they were greated at the door with a boy with his pants around his ankles... just getting ready to go potty!  Apparently he isn't as prudish as his mother.  Of course I am trying to explain to him, without making it sound like a bad thing, that he should keep his pants on until he is going to go potty!   I hope he never becomes a Walmart greeter, he may get arrested! :)

Baby was all clingy to mom when I got home.  I do love her clingy moments (when I am not busy trying to get something done! :) )

Good night!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 3:42 p.m., January 18, 2009, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Your mom = Clueless.
Don't worry about the modesty thing, they get modest in about 5 years.
You and your DH need to set a deadline to get your so called house guest OUT! Guests are people you invite.

 
At 6:53 p.m., January 18, 2009, Anonymous Carrie27 said...

Working sucks, plain and simple.

 
At 10:07 p.m., January 18, 2009, Anonymous Tyler said...

Yay! I bet it's nice to have that network set up at work! I can't imagine carrying a flash drive everywhere...
Good luck with the house guest. That has to be very trying. At least there's hugs from the kiddos to make things a bit brighter. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home