Monday, January 12, 2009

#132 - Needing some space!

Well today I went to my monthly card club.  Unfortunately my mother goes to the same one.  I am not going again just for that reason.  Tonight was SPECIAL!  She showed up and I could tell from the look on her face that it was going to be a good one.  She sits down, with a snit on her face, starts working.  A few minutes later she says she is just going to sit and watch.  She is having problems breathing so she couldn't do anything.  (One of the gals is a nurse so she asked mom if she had Asthma, mom said no.  (That's not what mom told me), then she asked her a few more things.  My mom was squirming!  It was at least entertaining for me!  She is so full of sh*t!  All she wants is attention!)  So she sat there and made sigh noises every now and again!  Oh yes then there is a cough that she remembers to do when she thinks of it.  (My kids can fake cough better than that).   After I had the boys I had some issues after and ever since then she has breathing issues.  She said it was from the air outside.  (She went ski doing all day Saturday and was fine though??)  I guess her mom never told her the story of the boy who cried wolfe! 

One more thing I will never forgive my mother for. 
- Ruining our last weekend with the boys before we had Baby.  She was screaming at me on the phone on the Saturday before I had her.  This is what I needed.  She was mad because she was trying to plan the child care for my boys when I went into the hospital.  Long story.  But anyway it ruined our weekend as I was so upset.  My husband took the phone away from me as she was screaming at me.   It ended up that my hubby, who was going to stay the first night with baby and I, ended up going home in time to feed the boys supper and put them to bed.  I really wanted this time for the three of us because I knew it would not be the same again.  I ended up in the hospital mostly by myself for the 4 days.  One friend came to visit and that was it.  I think Mom must have told the rest of the family not to come.   I was so sad that almost none came to see Baby.  I felt very alone, but I did take every moment I could with her at least.

THINGS THAT TICK ME OFF
- people who try to make everyone as miserable as they are
- when my house guest cleans out the stash of potty training gummy bears and doesn't tell me!
- when my house guest breaks my scrap booking chair and doesn't tell me
- feeling guilty about the house guest not having any money and needing to stay in a hostel until he finds another job.  (he had a drug addiction and is trying to stay clean and get his life back on track)

THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY
- a good day potty training
- a day with minimal whining
- a day where I actually got a couple scrapbook pages done!
- no more house guest!

KIDDO NOTES
It was tea party day!  Boy2 was busy pouring tea for mom!  Good thing it was pretend or I would have been in the bathroom all day.  There was a lot of tea poured, I even got a bun!  Boy1 is a little stingy, he keeps the tea pot to himself (thank goodness we have two, baby got one for Christmas).  I was allowed a sip from Boy1's cup but he wouldn't pour me any in my cup!  Sometimes I wonder where they get this stuff from?  While we were busy with the Tea, Baby was busy crawling and climbing on stuff.  She was playing with her doll house then the boys said "Baby NO".  I turned around and there Baby was squished into the second story of her doll house!  Of course I went to get the camera before dragging her out screaming.  She was relentless in trying to get back onto the second floor.  I finally managed to get her to play with her Dolly instead.  I guess she wanted to climb today!

She was in the doll house in her diaper only!  At lunch I spilled my water all over Boy2.  So I took his shirt and pants off.  Well Baby decided to do the same.  She was trying to get her sleeper off and was some p-oed that I wasn't helping her.  I tried to get her to put it on but there was no changing that girls mind.  So Boy2 and Baby were hanging out in their diapers today!  (At nap time I did manged to get them all dressed again!  What a bunch!)

Boy2 is doing really well (wait let me find some wood to touch) in the pee in the potty department.  He doesn't always make it through the night, but I wouldn't expect him to just yet.  Boy1 screams at the mention of the potty still, so I am waiting it out a bit.  Man I do enough trips to dump Pee anyway so I can wait a bit!  Baby is starting to ask to use the potty when she has to poop some times it's to late but I think she is getting the idea.  I am concerned about Boy2 though as he hasn't had a BM since using the potty regularly, I hope he doesn't hold it in to long.  Yessh!

Anyway off to bed I go!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 4:17 a.m., January 13, 2009, Anonymous Carrie27 said...

Your fist thing that annoys you, "people who try to make everyone as miserable as they are," has to be the case with your mother.

Go potty training. I'm daring to enter that department this upcoming weekend.

 
At 7:42 a.m., January 13, 2009, Anonymous Tyler said...

I'd have loved to have seen Baby in the second story of her dollhouse. What a ham! :) Good luck with the potty training!

 
At 8:13 a.m., January 13, 2009, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

I think you hit the nail on the head with your mom wanting attention. Good for you for recognizing you need some space, from your house guests too. Grape juice and bran cereal will get Boy2's bowels moving, does the trick w/my kids.

 
At 10:07 p.m., January 13, 2009, Anonymous Kelly D said...

Oh my, and I thought I had childhood issues with my mom. I'm currently working with my counselor to let go of emotions that I've been carrying for my mom. I grew up way too fast and vow to allow my children to have a childhood.

So sorry. Since you put your children first, they will never think of you the way you think of your mother.

Hope your week gets better and you get some much needed space.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home