Friday, September 26, 2008

#65 - Still grumpy but the Kiddo's brightened my day

Today was a busy one. Managed to get a throw rug down in the basement, consisted of moving all toys and a few cabinets, then vacuuming, then moving everything back, vacuuming again (anal retentive much?). In the middle of that the gas company came to 'discuss' our issues.

Now I am just more confused than ever. Frikey frack. Now they are saying it's a different kind of pipe, and that the call-before-you dig folks missed one of the gas lines. So they have to come back again to mark the lines... ugg, and we don't know when the backhoe guy is coming now. Frick! I give up! I guess it will happen eventually?

Then it was back to house cleaning stuff. After having the furnace cleaned there is crap all over so now in addition to getting ready to go away I need to clean my house! YIPEE! So after the kids went down for their nap it was back into the furnace room to put it back together (we had to move a bunch of stuff so they could get in!)

Then it was time to clean up/file my bills and clean-out my computer cabinet so that I could actually get my computer in there!

Supper, play time, finish cleaning up, bath time, then put the kids to bed... and now I get to sit for a few minutes!

THINGS THAT TICK ME OFF
- being the middle man in a conversation that I know very little about
- trying to organize work to be done before winter
- the call before you dig folks
- not getting a chance to shower yet today... YUCK! (I better keep this short so I can have one before bed!)
- diaper rash that is hard to get rid of
- stinky diapers! GAG!

THINGS THAT I LOVE
- help with my kids (it happens so infrequently that I REALLY appreciate it when it does)
- Baby's giggle
- My kids cleaning up their toys
- The smell of a freshly bathed kiddo

KIDDO NOTES
My helper (cousin's daughter), SS, was here again today. YEY! (Hence the reason I got so much done) Baby doesn't like a lot of people, grandma included, but she like SS. Which means that I don't have to hold her as much, so I get some things done. It is also nice to make lunch without fighting/hollering kids. (My poor husband has them the next 2 days... good luck after all the attention they have been getting. I hope they aren't to bad for him)

Now tell me how am I supposed to not laugh and give the boys heck after this one?

I was in the other room with SS & Baby. I heard THE LAUGH, the one that should make me go running, but this time I waited a moment. When I hear that laugh I should no better, drop everything and run to see what they have gotten into. I do believe two heads are better than one in this case.

So I decide I better go check out THE LAUGH, SS and Baby followed. Now remember they were alone approximately 2 minutes. I walk into the kitchen to see Shredded paper flying through the air. They were on the other side of the table and had gotten into the VERY FULL bag of shredded paper. They were filling their hands and throwing it up into the air. I turned to look at SS and Baby... she said the look on my face was priceless.

Now I must admit I wanted to join in, it looked like so much fun, and I was having a hard time not laughing. But hubby was outside and I knew he would not feel the same need to laugh as I did! (stick in the mud) So of course I told the boys they shouldn't be doing this (I am sure that I was REALLY convincing too! *insert laugh here*). I told them they needed to clean it up. So they started to clean-up (which I think is pretty weird for 3 year olds, but who am I to complain), and I ran for the camera of course.

It was quite a job to clean-up, there was paper everywhere. In their hair on their socks, in my (just cleaned) computer cabinet, on the table, under the table...etc. I got the broom and the dust pan, and they took them to clean-up. They cleaned until it was all done too (weird kids I know, they eat broccoli too, must be freezer burn as they were frosties not so long ago! :) ). Oh yes and our furnace was cleaned yesterday, well the vent was full of shredded paper too!

It was the funniest mess they have made so far! It was just so hard to give them crap as they cleaned up right away when I asked them too. Sheesh what's a Mom to do?

Off to bed I go, it's going to be a busy 4 days for me!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 9:51 a.m., September 27, 2008, Anonymous bendingbackwards said...

Wishing you the best.

Here from ICLW.

 
At 10:27 a.m., September 27, 2008, Anonymous Rebecca said...

Sounds like a crazy but lovely household. We have a lot in common. So far I have one (via IVF) but am pregnant again (also IVF) and I'm just waiting for find out if it is one or two. I am also in the computer industry and I also love crafts.

I hope you managed to get some sleep and a nice shower!

ICLW

 
At 10:29 a.m., September 27, 2008, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

I think you should write for TV, it would make a great family comedy!

 
At 11:55 p.m., September 27, 2008, Anonymous Stacie said...

That scene sounds hilarious! I think I would have had a hard time not laughing (and joining in) too!

Here from ICLW

 
At 12:32 p.m., September 28, 2008, Anonymous Carrie27 said...

It is better to laugh then get angry at messes. LOL! You may have to remember that activity when the kiddos are needing some entertainment, especially sine they were so helpful in cleaning up the mess. LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home