Monday, September 22, 2008

#61 - Coming out of the closet and Other stuff!

OK so it is time for me to come out of the closet.... wait for it... I AM FAT. Yup that's me. For all of my readers who thought I was this skinny gorgeous super mom, you were mostly wrong! lol! I don't take myself to seriously, and I love to 'shock' people by commenting on my size. I am a plus size and I miss my skinny days. I can't believe I am not loosing weight with all the running around I am doing, and I am even eating better than I ever have? I really wish I could afford to join Weight Watchers again, as I lost 50 lbs on it once before. Maybe if I just go back to point counting that would be helpful! I used to be skinny, until I got sick a few months before our wedding. I got so sick and I wasn't eating but I was expanding so fast I was getting stretch marks. It took me 3 months to get rid of it and I think it messed up my metabolism. I felt like crap for years.

----

I would like to thank those who commented on my last post. (By the way just because you don't have twins, doesn't mean you can't complain about being busy! You know what they say "until you have walked a mile in another's shoes". Who is to say that you aren't just as busy as I am, or busier! :)

----

Frick and frack we got our bill from our hack of an electrician today. He never gave me an estimate (that I asked for). Then he made a freaking mess, not to mention a hack job. Then he sent me a total, with no details, that he said he would send. He charged us over $90/hr. We were supposed to get a deal as he is a friends dad and he did it on off work hours. He spent most of the time here looking for schtuff he lost. He used conduit for things he didn't need to so I imagine that must be really expensive. He was supposed to put a GFI on the outside of the garage and he didn't. Frig and I pissed off. I wouldn't mind paying for a good job but I think we have been over charged for a crappy job.

---

My mom called today, I told her that I wish we could afford to get someone in once a month to help out. So that would allow us a day a month to get some stuff done around here. (I was thinking that maybe grandma would like to spend some time with her grandkids???) She retorted, why don't you get a kid in it would be cheap. Are you kidding me? Then she told me that it was good that I have a part-time job to get out of the house. Oh ya cause I have so much spare time, that just makes my life so much easier... are you kidding me?

---

Man the days go by fast, by the time I get the kids organized in the morning, feed them, clean-up, do more diapering and do a load or two of laundry, then it's time to make lunch... Ok who is eating up my mornings? I have to get ready for the class I am teaching next week, so what do I do, take a nap with the kids... Yeesh!

THINGS THAT TICK ME OFF
- Diaper tabs that break off, I hate wasting things
- Grandma
- Stress
- Packing
- Dirty floors
- Hair on the bathroom floor

THINGS THAT I LOVE
- Bed time for the kids, well actually just after bed time
- The way baby sleeps on her back with her legs out to the side, It just doesn't look so comfy
- Watching baby sleep
- Hearing that a friend (fellow infertile got PG the old fashion way... hoping it all goes smoothly for her!)

KIDDO NOTES

Baby figured out how to crawl up into her foam chair. She can get in and out. She is as pleased as punch with herself. She climbs up, smiles, and sits straight up and sticks her belly out. She also started saying HAT today. She puts an empty yogurt (toy of the week) container on her head and says HAT.

If someone has seen my sweet little baby boys please send them back! :) They have been replace by two little monkeys who like to cause trouble when mom isn't watching! Just keeping tabs on those two is enough to keep me out of trouble!

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At 7:33 a.m., September 23, 2008, Anonymous Melody said...

Here's a tip for those diaper tabs that break off so you don't have to waste a diaper. Put a second diaper over the first diaper (the 1st diaper is the one with the broken tab) the second diaper will hold the first one on and it can be used at the next diaper change since it's clean.) I do this all the time because i hate broken diaper tabs too.

Good luck! (I'm a mom of twins and a singleton as well so I understand your busy life :) )

 
At 7:51 a.m., September 23, 2008, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Good luck with your weight loss, the point system is great because it's real food. I had a roll of medical tape I used for my broken diaper tabs. I haven't seen your sweet little boys, I have a couple of monkeys over here too! Big Smelly ones!

 
At 5:39 p.m., September 23, 2008, Anonymous Angie said...

Good luck with your weight loss. I recently lost 15 pounds on WW over the summer. I absolutely HATE it when the diaper tabs break off!! Those things are too expensive for that.

 
At 5:51 p.m., September 23, 2008, Anonymous Danifred said...

I just LOVE it when people tell me how "lucky" I am to have a part time job "to get out of the house." Because work has no responsibilities?!?!

 
At 8:34 p.m., September 23, 2008, Anonymous planningdoesntwork said...

Good luck with your weight-loss. I'm working on it too. I trying for 20lbs by Christmas, although I'll have about another 20 to go after that.

ICLW

 
At 9:33 p.m., September 23, 2008, Anonymous nancy said...

Aww, I wouldn't be so hard on yourself. At least not self depricating!

I agree with your assessment of electricians like the one you had. I will add them to my hate list of mechanics and airlines!

(iclw)

 
At 9:05 p.m., September 28, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't be so hard on yourself. We all have good and bad days. As a mother of five and now raising two young grandchildren, I know how you sometimes just can't see to tomorrow, but it does get better and you will be wondering where all the time has gone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home