Sunday, September 21, 2008

#60 - Ok so I had to laugh!

I was talking to an old neighbour tonight, I had to thank her for a beautiful quilt she made for my daughter. She was telling me about her neighbour, she said her neighbour really has her hands full. Apparently the neighbour has 3 kids (one is in school every day) the other two are 19 months apart... Good thing I am not that busy since my twins and daughter are 23 months apart. *insert some sarcasm here* LOL. She was going on and on about this poor woman (who I might add is about 8 to 10 years younger than I), and how busy she is. I think she must have forgotten about Baby (you know the one she made the quilt for?) LOL! Good thing her neighbour doesn't work 2 jobs too! *evil grin* Not that I am saying I am the most busy Mom, I just giggle when people tell me about how others are so busy. A) I don't know the neighbour, so I am really not to worried about her busy-ness level and B)I am not to concerned about the neighbour's busy-ness level! LOL. I guess she thought it was important for me to know? (Man I can't believe I posted so much about a silly phone conversation, I really have to get some new material!)

----

The shed has a roof. Now we just have to patch the holes from the previous design and finish the ends. I think the doors may have to wait until we return. Poor hubby couldn't finish due to not having enough screws and he ran out of cutting discs. I am glad he got as far as he did though, especially if it snows before we return from our upcoming time away. (I hesitate calling it a vacation since we are staying at the in-laws for 3 weeks and usually it is way more work for me when we are away, cause Hubby is on vacation. I must put in a disclaimer, Hubby does a lot at home with the kids, when we are at his parents he does nothing. He goes into some Women's work is the kids/kitchen fog when we visit. Did I mention that his Mom has always waited on his Dad, nuff said.)

I got my work out today! A friend came to help with the shed, so when we were waiting for the hubby to do some stuff on the roof when went and moved the metal we don't need down to the opposite corner of our property. The roof pieces were pretty heavy, but I really wanted to help the hubby out so I used my sad little muscles to help move them. I was smart though, we started with the heavy stuff and worked our way to the light stuff (although by the time we got to the end the light stuff felt like the heavy stuff! LOL) We managed to get about half of it done, then the hubbs and friend moved the rest of it when I went to get the kids up from their naps.

I really really wanted to sleep in today, I didn't get to but at least hubby sent me to have breakfast in peace and quiet while he got the kids up. It wasn't quite peace as the boys wanted to talk to me but it wasn't too bad.

----
I booked some courses for the winter. I am teaching at a local technical school so I have to finish one of my teaching certificates before June next year. There are 3 courses, So I am signed up in November for one and December for another. A total of 5 weekends shot to heck... baaaa Then it will be Christmas... aaaaaa This year has just been crazy busy! I don't see any end in sight now! :)

THINGS THAT TICK ME OFF
- When I stub my toe on something that has been in the same place forever
- Laundry
- Very very loud motorbikes that zoom by way over the speed limit (Although I should talk my vehicle needs a new muffler, actually I think the whole exhaust is toast and it is loud. But now I have my car back so I can finally drive the quiet one!)
- People who never show up when they say they will

THINGS THAT I LOVE
- Watching Baby sleep
- Watching the Boys sleep
- Cheese cake
- Sleeping in
- Having at least one good friend
- A crisp fall day

KIDDO NOTES
I keep saying Boy2 is bossy, now I have proof! He was sitting in the lazy boy recliner with his feet up (well that's cause his legs aren't long enough to hang over the chair), and asking his brother to get his toys for him. Boy1 says "Boy2 get Kangaroo" Boy2 get toy. Then he says "Boy2 get blue mustang", Boy2 gets the toy. Then mom figures out what's going and tells Boy1 to get his own toys. Boy2 of course listens to mom *insert choking sound here* and says "Boy2 fuzzy blanket". Boy2 runs to their room to get the fuzzy blanket. Now mom is mad and tells Boy2 not to keep getting stuff for Boy1, he can get it himself. Boy1 finally has all that he wants and stops bugging Boy2. Mom tells Boy1 to Thank boy2, he listens this time.

Later on Boy1, sitting with Dad, says to Mom "Mom get Kangaroo......... pleaaase". *insert cute (aka manipulative) smile here* Now what's a Mom to do? :)

Boy2 is saying the Alphabet (he copies me 3 letters at time but I still think it's cool!)

Poor Boy2 had a rough day today. He was afraid of Dad's grinder and didn't want Mom to help lift anything, he just wanted Mom to sit beside him. Well at least he was cuddly! :)

Baby, Baby, Baby... she has started a new phase. Baby points at what she wants, if she doesn't get it she screams like a wild banshee! I was going to check my email on my phone and she wanted the phone NOW. It was getting ugly and she wouldn't take anything else, so I gave in and gave her the darn phone. (Mom bad! Actually I don't usually give in but I was feeling like crap so it was her lucky day! :))

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

At 4:30 a.m., September 22, 2008, Anonymous motheringmymiraclemultiples said...

I have a friend like that. Everything is about how her daughters (who are my age) are just wonderful mothers, with wonderful careers and perfect husbands, and they are all doing so wonderfully. Well, it is probably easy to do everything perfectly when you dump your kids off at your mom's house EVERY DAY!!! Yes, this lady watches all of her grandkids (that aren;t old enough for school) every stinkin' day. I CANNOT IMAGINE!

Geez...I have a hard time getting s itter for one night out with the hubby!!!

 
At 5:15 a.m., September 22, 2008, Anonymous Donielle said...

My grandma in law always has those "well, so and so....'enter crazy story here'. For some reason, even though I don't complain (never ever complain around her!) she must tell me how other people have it so very rough. :-)

www.NaturallyKnockedUp.com

 
At 7:13 a.m., September 22, 2008, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Good job on the shed. I always crack up when folks complain how busy they are, they should spend the day with you! I hope you have internet access at your in laws, bet you will have great stories!

 
At 9:08 a.m., September 22, 2008, Anonymous Kate said...

I have learned never, ever to complain around twin moms. :)

 
At 9:51 a.m., September 22, 2008, Anonymous Carrie27 said...

I'm a bad mom, then, too. LOL! My daughter walks around the house on both the house and cell phone almost all day. LOL!

 
At 10:49 a.m., September 22, 2008, Anonymous Stephanie, Phil, Kayla, Logan & Alex said...

I would never complain either around twin moms! :)

 
At 10:51 a.m., September 22, 2008, Anonymous Nancy said...

I'm really diggin' your "Things that..." lists :)

And geez. What's up with your neighbor?

 
At 11:31 a.m., September 22, 2008, Anonymous Danifred said...

It's interesting that your neighbor thinks the other neighbor's life is more challenging than yours. Maybe you need to complain to her more :)

 
At 4:43 p.m., September 22, 2008, Anonymous ~Jess said...

What's up with the neighbor lady?! too funny! I love when someone else tries to tell me how they have it so much worse.

Enjoy all that relaxing time you have ;-)


Here via ICLW

 
At 5:34 p.m., September 22, 2008, Anonymous Kelly said...

I love watching my girls sleep. What I really love is when they sneak into bed with me - although I'm supposed to take them back to bed (as my DH and I agreed) I cannot do it as I love them being next to me!

Hope you love teaching. I teach one night a week and I love it. Good luck.

 
At 5:41 p.m., September 22, 2008, Anonymous CappyPrincess said...

My sister's hubby is just like yours (except F won't change a diaper to save his life). When his father is around, he won't lift a finger. When his father is no where to be found, he will do laundry and at least take the kids to eat if not actually prepare something. It's a bit frustrating for her to say the least, so I imagine it's just as frustrating for you.

My hubby's mother used to tell me it was my job to (insert chore here). I told her that when she married her son, she could decide what he could and could not do around the house, until then she can keep her opinion to herself. Needless to say she never did like me, LOL.

I'm looking forward to seeing that finished shed.

And I hope you don't squander all of that "free" time you seem to have. :eye roll:

 
At 7:20 p.m., September 22, 2008, Anonymous MoMo said...

Yes, I also learned not to complain to twin moms. Sounds like you guys are getting a lot accomplish with the shed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home