Monday, September 15, 2008

#54 - Busy busy

Where did the day go. This morning it was laundry (and a scrapbook page or two) and before I knew it, lunch was here.

Hubby came home early to work on the shed today. So at nap time I went out with him to 'help' out. (Sometimes I think I am in the way more than I help, but I try.) I put some braces between the 2by4's while he finished putting up the rest of the trusses. I managed to get one wall done today, hopefully I can finish the other wall tomorrow. By the way why do they call them 2by4's if they aren't really 2"?

We had the kids out again after supper and the hubby figured out a way to cut the metal while we were out there so we are all ready to GO again tomorrow afternoon. After the kids went to bed, it was back down stairs to get a few more pages done in my scrapbook. (They aren't as fancy as they used to be but I do what I can! :))

I also managed to book plane tickets for the family to head away for a few weeks to see the inlaws.

Oh ya and I got one bathroom and the master bedroom cleaned today. I have a friend coming over tomorrow so that will slow down my cleaning frenzy!

If only every day was so productive!

- Screaming kids (can you tell how my morning went?)
- Dirty floors


It was brutal around here this morning. The kids were suffering from their typical Monday nasties, well the boys anyway! I suppose the neighbors will be talking today! (Can you tell I am still mortified by the fact the Neighbor thinks we beat our kids.) Things started to turn around after lunch. They liked playing on our bed when I was cleaning the bathroom and bedroom.

Boy1 managed to climb up on the bed all by himself (ooo my they are growing up). Then Boy2 decided he could do it if Boy1 could. So up they went. In the mean time Baby was across the hall playing with the toys that Boy1 had dumped out of the buckets in their room. I made for a long cleaning job though as I wanted to keep an eye on all the kids. I think an hour to clean a two piece bath, and start dusting the bedroom is a little excessive! LOL!

Baby was so funny though, she climbed into one of the small buckets then grabbed a bigger bucket and put the toys in, then took them out. Every time I checked on her she would just look up and give me this cute little smile.

When we were outside after supper I took Boy2 and Baby for a quad ride. I was driving through some trees on my property thinking to myself I am truly happy. What a change a few years makes! I love being a mom.

Labels: , ,


At 6:32 a.m., September 16, 2008, Anonymous sky girl said...

It's so nice to see you posting so often. I always read in my feeds but I've gotten lazy about commenting.

As for your neighbours..... I can certainly understand your mortification. Try to put it out of your mind if you can.

At 7:20 a.m., September 16, 2008, Anonymous Kimmer said...

Man, with three I don't see how you get anything finished. I'm exhuasted from one boy. Let alone 2 boys and a girl. I can't imagine. You doing great! Hope the shed get finished quickly, and beating your kids. Please... Do these neighbors even have kids?

At 7:59 a.m., September 16, 2008, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

I'm impressed you did get alot done. Good Luck with the shed, can't wait to see pictures when completed.

At 3:39 p.m., September 16, 2008, Anonymous Ken's choice said...

that was one very busy day, I felt tired for you,!!
Good to hear that you're happy though !!
boys and baby sound lovely !!


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home