Thursday, July 24, 2008

#8 - Memories

It's hard to believe that three years ago I was still in the hospital after my boys birth. On the 26th of July they were ready to come home but instead I had to stay for another 7 days to recover.

- It's hard to believe I spent three months on bed rest
- It's hard to believe the discomfort I was in for the last 4 weeks never affected my resolve to hold those babies in as long as I could
- It's hard to believe that I didn't realize that they would look like babies when they came out (Sometimes I wonder about my brain! :) )
- It's hard to believe I didn't get to see one of the boys until the next day. I was so upset that they didn't have names yet. I asked my husband if he had picked out who was who
- It's hard to believe that I was so sick that they were concerned that I would not make it
- It's hard to believe that my boys are now three. I knew it would go by fast but I never expected the warp speed that time has passed.
- It's hard to believe that Infertility still bothers me after so long

A DAY IN THE LIFE OF TWINS plus ONE
Well today was play outside day. The water table and the sand box. Not a great thing when you have kids that don't like dirty hands. Water table, sand box, dirty hands, wash hands, sand box, then repeat. I am going to have to take the sand out of the water table and put it back in the box as we are getting short on sand.

Then there was 'baby'. I was trying to get the kids ready to go out and play on the deck and one of the boys opened the door so baby took off outside, right for the sand box of course. I am not sure if she got something to eat or not when she was out there (yuck) as she was off like a shot. That butt scooting seems to work well for her.

The boys love to be outside, too bad mom isn't as much into it as they were. But they were so good that I was able to bring my computer out and do some surfing while they played. Gotta love wireless and good kids!

I have also decided that play dough outside requires less clean-up. When lunch was ready they promptly picked up all the play dough, put it in the container and returned it to the house. Man I hope this clean team thing lasts at least until they are ready to move out (ya the sky is pink in my lovely world).

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:59 p.m., July 27, 2008, Anonymous MoMo said...

First of all-love the new digs! And it is unbelievable how quickly time fast..it just makes you realize when you are having a bad day that this is only for the short term-okay at least for me it keeps me sane!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home