Wednesday, July 30, 2008

#12 - It's official

Well as of today it's official I am now a SAHM. I quit my job of 17.5 years. It was a stressful and difficult day. It's not that I don't want to be home with my kids, it's just that I feel like I quit a career. It's a big step and a major reduction in our take home pay. Change is always scary for me, not always a bad thing but scary to start.

KIDDO Stuff

It always amazes me how kind my boys are to their little sister. I suppose it's from watching the way we are with her but still it seems as though it's just instinct. She fell over today from sitting and bumped her head and proceeded to scream. One of the boys came over to try to sit her up and give her a hug, he even rubbed her back until I got over to her. When I was holding her she was still crying (she is a bit of a drama queen when she bumps her head... trust me it was a teeny tiny bump) so the little fella went to get a Kleenex to wipe her nose. These are the moments that make me hope that they will always take care of each other.

The kids were amazingly good today. Some days I just look at them and wonder how they got to be so good. Of course they had a few moments but pretty much good today. I love these days, wish I could have one every day. When the baby was napping this morning I even got an hour to work on a crafty project. I will have to post pictures when I get it done. Another listing for Etsy, we will see how that goes.

Off to bed I go...

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 6:45 p.m., July 31, 2008, Anonymous MoMo said...

I know how you feel about the career thing...I just got laid off after 8 years and for the first time in 14 years I am not working.
That is so sweet about the boys...I hope B will be the same with his upcoming brother.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home