Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween...

I love Halloween, the cute little kids all dressed up and handing out candy. (Not really into the creepy part but the decorations and kids are all good!) Before we were lucky enough to have success with IVF I found it hard but loved it all the same.

I tried to make arrangements to have my Dad come over and hand out Candy so I could take the kids out with my hubby. I hate leaving the house and not giving candy to the costumed ones. Anyway Grandma and Grandpa were too busy. So I took the boys out to a neighbours house, then my husband and I loaded up the stroller and went to some friends houses. (Still feeling guilty about one of us not being home, but that was our only choice. Originally I was going to drive over to Grandma and Grandpa's neighbourhood as there was some folks I wanted to go to there, but since they were busy I figured I would just do the walk around the neighbourhood instead of going for a drive.) The boys seemed to have fun, the girl slept. They were fascinated by their 'loot'! Inspecting it all, and one of them was trying to figure out how to open stuff. The boys were 2 bees. I thought they were pretty cute! (But I'm the mom so I am supposed to think that! LOL).

Anyway we had fun. I thought Grandma and Grandpa would stop by (they come over every year at Halloween). But no! I guess the Missy's first Halloween wasn't important to them (or thanksgiving). I wonder if Christmas is on their list?

************
We take possession of the new house tomorrow. I am somewhat nervous, but it's all going to be OK! Right? My parents who offered to help decided to pull down their fence last weekend so now they are busy. I am done with that woman. I feel as though I don't rate, and now I feel like my kids don't either. I wouldn't really care if they were busy, but my entire life she has gone out of the way for everyone else on a regular basis. I guess I am not entitled to any help from them, actually all I really wanted was to have her spend time with the boys so I could get some stuff done. I thought she would like to be with the kids. I guess I was wrong.

It's one thing for her to be that way with me, but now things have changed. Don't put my kids second to your effing neighbour's kids. I am done with her. I think that there is going to be another discussion this weekend (just what I need) and it won't be nice, nothing is ever nice with her.

Now I must go to bed.

I finally made a Dr's appt for next Tuesday. I am hoping that they can help me with the anxiety attacks that are keeping me up every night now (thanks mom for adding to my stress). I feel lucky that no matter how crappy I am feeling I am still enjoying those precious angels that I am lucky to have. Thank god for the small things. (3 small things :))

Good Night and hope you are all well

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 7:59 p.m., November 01, 2007, Blogger Rumour Miller said...

Yay for those 3 small things!

If you were my daughter, you would rate!

 
At 10:32 p.m., November 01, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a lurker...but I just wanted to say that I chose to kick my parents out of my life over 3 years ago just after my 2nd child was born. My mother was like your sounds. A very strong sense of self entitlement and overall...a bitch. I could put up with it when it was just my husband and myself(although she was great to him and treated him like gold), but once we had kids...I had to make the choice that having her around and her negativity wasn't healthy for them. It wasn't easy...but I haven't regretted it once. I miss the IDEA of my mother...but I don't miss my mother. Be strong. Do what you have to do. And don't put up with crap. Your anxiety might increase for a while...but if you stop letting her affect you(easier said than done) you will be happier in the end...Take care and good luck.

 
At 8:52 a.m., November 08, 2007, Blogger Mama said...

typing with one hand here with my little one but just wanted to say that i love your perspective- no matter what else happens in our lives, we will always have these 3 small things to live for.
Also- I have similar issues w/my parents, which i will blog about when i get the time. a lot of it comes down to me not being willing to bring their behavior to their attention b/c i really think they are clueless sometimes.
big hugs- good luck with the house!!!!

 
At 10:43 a.m., November 08, 2007, Blogger Courtney said...

How did the Dr go? Iam sorry your mom is like that.

 
At 5:39 a.m., November 15, 2007, Blogger Jen said...

I,m so sorry your mom doesn't get it. At some point though, those of us with mothers like this, have to realize we can't change them. I have found that I really limit my converstaions and time with my mom. On other news, one of the twins hb's stopped, the other one looks really good. I don't know what to do or expect now, could you give me advice?
~jen

 
At 6:00 a.m., December 06, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

How are things Soralis? We haven't heard from you in awhile. I hope all is well with you and your family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home