Monday, April 19, 2010

#388 - Aww shucks

Soo freaking tired... have to teach wed/thurs this week! Need to get some energy and put on my "I can do it panties" :) Where did I leave those things anyway

KIDDO NOTES
Today was a preschool day. The boys noticed that one of the teachers cars wasn't there this morning. Well Boy1, who I might add has never had an accident, noticed that there was a new teacher today. He peed a little in his underwear. Poor kid was mortified. I left Boy2 with Baby and headed to take him to the biffy. Boy2 of course followed leaving the girl standing there alone. One of the Teachers watched out for her for me (thank goodness! : ) ). I was a little shocked as Boy1 hasn't had an accident since he started using the potty. We figure it was stress due to the new teacher?? He seems no worse for wear, thank goodness.. Poor kid had to go commando when I ran home, good thing we are close, to get some new briefs for the poor fella!

That leads me to my awww shucks moment. When I went to pick up the kids at the end of the day I wanted to thank the gal who took care of the baby while I was trying to get the boys organized at the start of the day. Well I love this woman to death, she is amazing with the kids! (She manages 15 better than I can manage 3 LOL). She took me aside and said to me "You are doing amazing things with these kids, they are the most well behaved and kind kids I have worked with." Then she said "You are obviously doing a great job parenting." Now let me tell you that made my day!!! (I am no super mom, not even close! I am very happy that the kids are so well behaved and good when they are out though! I have been so set on consistency from day 1 and I think that is the one thing that really pays off. No means No and that's it around here. My hubby (you know the one who was being an arce this weekend) also happens to be very kind (go figure?) anyway that gene has definitely been passed on to the kids. You can really only teach them so much and some of it is built in. Let's just hope it gets them through those tough teen years!

The preschool teacher also said to me "I bet you aren't looking forward to kindergarden". Ok so really now can she read my mind too? :)

Her comments really struck a cord. After all the years of pleading with the powers that be that I will try to be the best parent I can if only I can take home that baby one day...... I am just happy that so far so good! We have a long way to go but at least we are starting on the right foot.

and with that thought I am off to bed... here's to better days!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:35 a.m., April 20, 2010, Anonymous Kristin said...

Unexpected compliments like that can really make your day. I'm glad you got recognition that you deserve.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home