Thursday, January 07, 2010

#369 - Sick already?

I have been keeping out of trouble these days. I am all prepared for my next class that runs this weekend and I am busy working on the on-line site for the store that I work at. Oh yes and I trying to get the basement back together after the furnace install and clean some stuff out while I am at it. Since I didn't have enough projects on the go already!

Oh and I got a boxing day sale all setup yesterday. I got a new printer for printing on 12*12 paper. It was a really good price and they have been around for a while and have good reviews. Next time I am going to check into the price of ink cartridges first of all. I heard that it was going to be a little pricey but I almost died when I checked out the prices today! Well I am going to keep count of my pages and see how it goes. It's still cheaper than having them printed, thank goodness! :)

Hubby is back to working 5 days a week again... YEY! Going to looove that 20% pay increase, especially after Christmas! On a sad note a shop where he used to work decided to shut down and a bunch of his friends are going to be out of work at a bad time where there is no work. I don't envy anyone who looses their jobs, especially in this crappy economy.

Hubby just went back to work today (??? next time I am booking his vacation for him... why take all this time off in the winter when all you do is complain about having too much to do in the summer and no time off??? MEN! :) ) I am SSOSOOOOOO glad he is back at work, he is driving me nuts.

KIDDO NOTES
Monday was the first day of their pre-school program. There was 2 sick, snotty kids there... so all 3 of mine are now sick. And so it starts! :) I hope they build up their little immune systems quickly! Makes me very happy that I did get them the H1N1 vaccine.

OMG I was crying after I left them at the place. I didn't expect that, it's not even school. I am SOOOO dreading that day! I didn't think it would be so difficult to leave your kids with someone you don't know. It was a horrible feeling. I kind of snuck out on them too. (They were not impressed. The boys were not there regular self the rest of the day. They also would not admit to having fun and they just had sad little faces all afternoon. They were playing me, they knew I felt bad for just leaving.) I hate not know what things they did or how they did. Man it's tough to 'let go'. They told me they are not going back and that was not fun. Next Monday should be fun.

Who knew a 4 year old could be such a turkey? Boy2 was sad faced, complete with the lip sticking out all of the afternoon. So he was playing quietly and got really sad again. So I wanted to talk to him. I asked him what was wrong. He just looked at me with these puppy dog eyes and the saddest face you ever saw. (Don't feel bad for him just yet). So finally I got it out of him. He said he was scared at school. So I started telling him the usually mom stuff. Then the little sh*t starts laughing and says Sorry Mom. He was pulling my leg, playing me like a cheap violin. Four years old and he already knows how to yank my chain. I am so screwed! :)

Needless to say I hated that I couldn't be with them I also feel like it was very traumatic for them to be just 'dumped' off. I did feel bad about that part and I think it was very hard for them. Do they have to grow up so darn fast. I am just not ready for this school thing. Letting my sweet boys out into the real world just doesn't sound like a sane thing to do these days! :) I keep trying to be positive that this is good for them and that I can spend some special time with my daughter.

With that I am off to bed... good night!

Boy#2 said they have to go back to school because 'We live in a dictatorship and Mom's the boss!'

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 2:30 p.m., January 08, 2010, Anonymous Kristin said...

Boy #2 is gonna give you a run for your money.

I was laughing at his comment that 'We live in a dictatorship and Mom's the boss!' because my hubby and I frequently describe our house as a benevolent dictatorship.

 
At 11:55 a.m., January 12, 2010, Anonymous Teena in Toronto said...

Happy blogoversary :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home