Wednesday, December 16, 2009

All sorts of stuff!!

December is one of those bittersweet/emotional/wonderful/sad months...

... It takes me back to my child hood and Christmas's back then. My memories of grumpy parents where every gift was 'nice'... butttt. Oh and the mounds and mounds of toys I received and didn't even want.
... it reminds me of all the years there wasn't any gifts under the tree for that baby we so desperately wanted (94-04)
... it reminds me of our first visit to the IVF clinic which is/was 4 hours away (2003)
... it reminds me of the loss of my grandmother (Dec 12, 2003)
... it reminds me of the first time I heard the words 'Your Pregnant' (Dec 12, 2004) To be exact it was "It looks like you are Pregnant" (I wondered what the frig that meant at the time. I actually asked the nurse what "LOOKS LIKE" meant.)
... it reminds me of my first Christmas with my boys (2005)
... it reminds me of my first Christmas with my daughter (2007)
... it reminds me of moving to this crappy house (2007) and missing my old house and all the wonder decorations I had room for
... it reminds me of the first steps my daughter took (Dec 12, 2008)
and last but not least it reminds me of how lucky I am to have this wonderful family and that my Children are all healthy and happy

I wish everyone a Happy December and Hang in there if you are still in the trenches of infertility....


KIDDO NOTES
We have been a we bit sleep deprived around here. All three kids are sick. They seem to have the timing down so at least one of them is up at all times the last 3 nights. I am not sure how I am still functioning? I have been busy, between extended hours at work, painting the boys mural, Christmas cards and getting ready for a houseful on Sunday. I just hope I am not the next one to be sick!

I am looking forward to a reprieve in the weather. The highest we got to on Saturday was -30c (-22F) and Sunday morning it was -37c (-34.6F). We also set a record one night on the weekend of -46c (-50.8F). WOWSERS that's nasty... and no that is not regular temps for this part of the country! Thank goodness for remote starters is all I am saying!

Oh yes and Boy1 is learning to draw all sorts of cool things... He drew Bounce from Mrs. Spiders Sunny Patch. Had the big smiley face. The legs were coming out of the top instead of the bottom, but I thought it was pretty cool. (Not as cool as his first potato head that he drew, as they were laughing so hard it was hilarious. )

... tomorrow more cleaning.. yuck!

Good night

Goodnight

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 1:27 p.m., December 16, 2009, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Sending warm weather and a quick recovery for your kiddos! Sorry for the sadness associated w/December, here's looking to new traditions that bring new Joy!!

 
At 8:29 a.m., December 17, 2009, Anonymous Rumour Miller said...

Happy December.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home