Tuesday, October 20, 2009

#328 - Woohoo

House Pest IS GONE... and he is NOT EVER coming back!

I went downstairs to tidy up... (Not a good way to start the day!)

The spare room has my grandmothers old bedroom suite. Nothing fancy but kept nice and very meaningful to me. I kept it covered with doilies and stuff to keep it from getting damaged. Well the jerk that was living here pushed my stuff to the side and totally ruined the top of the dresser. He left water and pop cups on the dresser that were (spilled on the way to the basement and must have been damp still) on the dresser. There is water damage and pop damage to the top of the dresser and night stand. I am so incredibly mad it sure as hell didn't look like that when you got there. And it's not just a small cup mark... it was like he slammed them down and crap went all over and he just left it there.

There was pop 'circles' and water circles all over any piece of furniture in the bedroom. He actually damaged the dresser and the night stand. I am so incredibly hurt that he couldn't leave things as he found them... and to continue marking it up after the first time just pisses me off. There was about 10 large marks on the dresser and tonnes on the night table.

The mess that was left was not very nice. I am not even going to describe the bathroom. Lets put it this way... hubby has to clean it as I am NOT going in there again until it is cleaned up.

On Sunday when I was at work hubby was outside working with the kids. He said every time he was in the house (which is frequently with kids that need warmer coats/potty breaks etc) the house guest was eating and eating and eating. It's a good thing I was around the kitchen most of the time or I am sure he would have eaten everything else that was in the house. Now I don't mind sharing but I think him just taking what he wanted whenever we weren't looking was a bit uncalled for. It's not like we were starving him that's for sure. Hubby figures he gained at least 10 lbs in the last 3 weeks.

It was weird how he used to come up at night.. then go down, then come up and so on. I think he was just waiting for me to go to bed so that he could get into the cupboards. (Good thing I outlasted him most nights) One night he woke me up going through the pantry. I seriously would NEVER do that at someones house! (Personally after the 3 helpings of supper I thought it was a little over the top)

I suppose the thing that pissed me off the most is he would eat all but a little of the milk and cereal in the morning and some days I didn't have enough left for the kids. He knew what they eat for breakfast so I thought that was incredibly inconsiderate. He used to get up before me I guess so that he could take what was there before I had a chance to get the kids breakfast. He was going through a loaf of bread every two days, a tub of butter a week, a jumbo bag of cheerios about every two days, a box of my cereal about every three days, we were having problems keeping enough milk in for the kids, he would go through a case of pop in 2 days (if we were lucky), he was taking big bags of chips out of the cupboard and we would never see them again, he ate most of the turkey hubby made for thanksgiving, on Sunday he ate almost a bag of buns, and he got into my case of popcorn. He just helped himself one night. Hubby said he heard him go downstairs the minute he got out of the shower one night and he could smell the popcorn. You think he would have at least a)asked (we never once said no) or B) shared some with the hubby. We figure we were spending an extra $100 a week on groceries while he was here, he even managed to eat most of our 'stock pile'. He was even going through the extra stuff in the basement taking stuff out of there to eat.

Over a month here... probably about $600 in groceries.. and not once did he offer to get any groceries for himself or give us a cent. I hope he enjoyed is 'vacation'. Hmm I don't think I have ever taken a vacation where I didn't have to pay for food, laundry, and accommodations. The scary thing is if it wasn't for Hubby he would still be here!

I am so angry that we had to put out money on groceries, power, etc for an ungrateful jerk who ruined my grandmothers dresser and made a mess of my new bathroom.

It was interesting to see my hubby's reaction to all of this. He is some kind of angry (and not even because he has to clean the bathroom! :) ). After all was said and done it was interesting to me that he started in about the fact that he had a child (with a trashy woman about 13 years ago I think). Hubby says "why the h*ll can he and she have kids? That poor child doesn't have a chance". It is very true, the kid has 3 brothers/sisters, everyone has a different father. The latest man of the house is not very nice to him by the sound of it. Well it was interesting to me that hubby was disgusted by the fact that this guy pro-created. He can't even take care of himself.

So that is it with the house Pest. He has burned yet another bridge with us... sorry dude you are on your own from now on. (Now if only we could get the 4 hockey bag size duffle bags out of our garage. He dropped those off too... great!)

With that I must be off to bed it is very late... I do feel like a weight has been lifted off now that House Pest is gone so I am hoping for a good night sleep.

Good night and here's to another Pest free day tomorrow! :)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 6:57 a.m., October 20, 2009, Anonymous sky girl said...

Gawd, he sounds like a cretin. I'm so glad he's gone.

 
At 10:59 a.m., October 22, 2009, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

I am so sorry he ruined your Grandma's dresser!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home