Wednesday, July 15, 2009

#281 - So sad

I am sitting alone, the kids are asleep and the hubby took his folks to the airport. I am so very sad that they are going back home. In the 4 years that we have had kids this is the first time we have been able to get some things done around the house, play with the kids and visit. It was such a wonderful visit this time. Much easier than being at their house (probably because I had my own bathroom! LOL). The last time we were out the boys were 3 months old and we were still 'adjusting', so this time it was just a fun visit.

My entire life, before kids, I never really felt like I was part of any kind of family. When I am around my hubbies family I find out what it's like to be part of something that I never experienced growing up. I just wish they didn't live so darn far away. Even if it was a days drive it would be better.

They aren't really ones to go out of their routine much, my FIL has to keep busy, so hubby got to get a few things done. My MIL likes to keep busy too and her hobby is house chores (not my kind of hobby). She was always doing just the little things that help out so much. (Quite a difference from my mother who comes and makes a bigger mess!) It was like a mini vacation, a few house chores done, extra hands around the kids... I am somewhat overwhelmed by having REAL help for 2 weeks. Hubby and I really don't ever get a 'break', well unless you call work a break? Well it felt like a break from the craziness of the kids but with them here. I was wonderful and somewhat hard to explain.

Anyway they are off to the airport... and I am left here a sobbing mess... (being an emotional person SUCKS)

Wish us luck tomorrow when the kids realize Granny and Grampie have gone home. Baby wants Granny all the time I imagine she may have some issues tomorrow. If only Granny's hugs weren't closer!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:13 a.m., July 16, 2009, Anonymous sky girl said...

It's so nice that you have such great in-laws.

 
At 3:26 p.m., July 16, 2009, Anonymous Kristin said...

I'm glad you had such a great visit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home