Sunday, May 31, 2009

#252 - Balloons

Well it was a fairly productive weekend. Hubby got the shelves finished in my storage room and I got busy and started loading, poor guy wasn't even done and I was busy loading them up! I am not going to get quite as much 'stuff' in there as I had hoped but I will manage to be able to actually get stuff out of there without emptying the entire room like I had to before. Plus I will get most of the extra crap that was hanging around in the spare bedroom in there too! How exciting! Who ever new that a larger storage room could bring so much joy!

I also managed to get some mowing done today... I am using the smaller tractor right now as the big one is waiting for it's mulching kit. I don't like the smaller tractor as it 'spits' crap everywhere. It's so dirty. It's a bummer as it has a great turning radius, but one just gets to freaking dirty riding around on that thing. Uck! Oh ya and I took my IPOD out to listen to it and I guess I was dragging the ear pieces around on the ground and managed to make a mess of them :( They still work but they are a little scratched up! Arg!

After all the good stuff this weekend it doesn't explain why I am having a panic attack this evening. I suppose it's because we also got some sad news yesterday. Our friend that I have referred to as our House Pest. The guest that we had trouble getting rid of. Well he called the other night, I don't have all the details, but apparently both of his kidneys are failing. It sounds like he is not willing to go on dialysis so his doc said his days are numbered. He has no family support and he just seems to have given up. I pleaded with him last night to let it all sink in and go on dialysis but he doesn't seem to listen. I am very sad.

THINGS THAT BUG ME
- family get-togethers
- wind
- getting dirty

THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY
- cleaning up more stuff in the basement
- having another weekend off

KIDDO NOTES
The kids were pretty awesome this weekend, they let us get some stuff done and I also spent some time with them too. They had a good time outside playing this morning too. They are so tried from being outside that they do get a bit crabby from time to time but that's to be expected.

Boy1 is really getting bad a bossing the other two around. It is driving me crazy but I suppose it's just another stage. He still refuses to use the potty, we are talking SCREAMING refusal, not just a grumpy old NO. Stubborn Much?

Boy2 is doing fairly well on the potty, sometimes I think he has accidents just because his brother does. Must be a twin thing?

Baby is now asking to go potty. She isn't doing anything yet but it's a step in the right direction. It's hard to believe she is almost 2. I can't bear the thought of not calling her Baby anymore. :(

Saturday night we took the kids out to an anniversary party. I was pretty much disgusted with my family as they pretty much ignored us. I could care less about the hubbs and I, but it made me sad that no one was interested in my kids. I guess they aren't babies so no one cares. They were all dressed up in cute outfits and I don't think anyone noticed. They were also perfect. I was so proud of my crew and they were pretty much ignored. There was a few people that said hello but it was truly sad. I took the kids out to be around other people and they ended up on their own anyway. We had supper and left I was so digusted. We made our own fun with the kids though. There was helium balloons there and they each had one. It is amazing to watch the wonder of a child with something new and interesting.

Baby would just grab the balloon and let go, then she wanted it back again. It was cute in a very annoying way! The kids each took a balloon home, baby decided she wanted to hold hers. Of course she popped hers! I was offered a few extra I guess I should have taken some. The boys still have theirs so I feel bad that Baby doesn't have one.

It is amazing to see the way they interact with the balloons. They sure have imaginations! We even had them hooking up to their cars - hook trailer up they would say! :)

Here's to no more family occasions any time soon!

p.s. Did I mention my mother bent over backwards to help out? Speaking of people that I am disgusted with!

Good Night

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 5:42 a.m., June 01, 2009, Anonymous Kristin said...

Yay for having a new storage area and having a weekend off. And, grrr for the boorish behavior of your family at the get together.

 
At 7:01 a.m., June 01, 2009, Anonymous Momma Val said...

Hi! I just stopped on over from A Sense Of Humor Is essential. Love this post. Thank Heavens that you also have a weird family and you aren't afraid to admit it. I hate that I seem alone sometimes cause everyone always writes about how great their nana's and papa's are. Sheesh! Also cannot believe that you have twins and a spare. Thought you were infertile? My doc said that it should not be referred to as "infertility" but as "reduced fertility" think that's more accurate for most folks. Will read more soon as I have time. Nice to meet you :)

 
At 12:35 p.m., June 01, 2009, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

I am so happy your hubby is making progress on your room. Your family is missing out on these adorable kiddos, such a shame.
So sorry about your friend w/his renal failure, I thought he had a girlfriend?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home