Thursday, April 30, 2009

#234 - What a way to start a day!

A while back I was talking about a 'friend' that I was doing a birth announcement for. See here if you want to read about my first rant!.

Well anyway I did what I thought was a nice announcement considering her daughter was 11 months old. I also made her a Christmas card that she never used. Well today I received an email from her. It wasn't nice. She was complaining that I didn't change it for her and that she has been waiting patiently for months. I told her up front that I was done and that I had no time, but she didn't care she kept bugging me. Anyway she said she wanted to 'stick up for herself' for a change. WTF that was supposed to mean I will never know. Needless to say I responded in a direct way. It wasn't rude but it was factual. Usually I like to be politically correct but I was not sugar coating anything. I was pissed off to say the least. I must have shook for an hour this morning.

Well of course she felt the need to respond to the email I sent her, I on the other hand can't be bothered. I am not getting into some email p*ssing match. Whatever chicky-poo I have better ways to spend my time! Like poking my eyeballs with sharp sticks! One thing I have learned is that people who stress me out don't need to be a part of my life. If only all my friends weren't as cool as my bloggy friends!

Unfortunately I got nothing done on my course today as I was so annoyed that I couldn't concentrate. I am really behind, but I guess there is always Sunday to catch up. I did manage to organize some scrapbooking paper this afternoon before I headed off to work at least!

THINGS THAT BUG ME
- grumpy hubby
- friends that send you a b*tch email instead of calling
- hearing of another loss in Afghanistan. So sad. :(
- we set a record for low temps last night... lovely

THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY
- getting away for the evening

KIDDO NOTES
The kids have really been good the last couple of days. The whining does kind of make me crazy though, it makes me feel like they were bad when really they weren't. It's weird how I can handle tonnes of screaming, but the whining just sends me right over the edge instantly. Boy#1 speaks pretty much only in whine. I suppose given how easily their dad get's frustrated it explains why he gets frustrated really quickly and starts whining (plus he is 3!) LOL.

I have been trying to do fun things with them and I always try to let them know how much we appreciate when they are good. Parenting is definitely a challenge, I guess we all just do the best we can.

Well that Boy#1 was up to his goofiness today! His brother had to use the potty and I told him to go and I would be right there. Well Boy#1 decided he would 'take care of it'. He told me he would go with Boy#2. When I got in there Boy#2 said "I am pooping". Well Boy#1 said "Boy#1 Happy when Boy#2 poops in potty". His eyes got really big and his face was animated. It was quite funny. We always tell them that it makes Mom and Dad happy when they do their business in the potty. Mr. Man thinks he needs to 'help out' around the house I suppose! LOL

Good Night

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 5:23 a.m., May 01, 2009, Anonymous Kristin said...

I think that old saying, "With friends like that, who needs enemies", definitely holds true. I hate that she treated you like that. {{{Hugs}}}

 
At 5:40 a.m., May 01, 2009, Anonymous andbabybmakesthree said...

Wow, the nerve of some people! You're right, though...better off without people like that around!

D

 
At 9:08 a.m., May 01, 2009, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Kristin nailed it on the head, BIG TIME!!!
Who needs a friend like that??? What a loser!! I would block her email address. ((Hugs))

 
At 9:34 a.m., May 01, 2009, Anonymous motheringmymiraclemultiples said...

Don'tyou just love "some people". Sheesh....If there was a way I could e-slap her for you, I wouldbe willing to do it. Really. For free. Just for fun.....

Sorry about your cold temperatures. Supposed to hit near 80 today.... I am not ready for that kind of heat.

~hugs~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home