Monday, March 09, 2009

#187-Wow am I behind

Well I was off to teach MS Access Level I today. I think it's going fairly well, but as I told my hubby, I will let you know when I see the course evaluations tomorrow! :)

I do have one itty bitty problem this course. I am WAY behind. It should be interesting trying to cover all the material that I have to cover tomorrow. I guess I will have to get creative! :)

As per usual when I have to teach it gets NASTY cold. Way below the norms for this time of year. With the wind chill they were talking about -34c today! So what do I do? Well I have to pay for parking so I decided to clean out my change purse. I used $2 worth of dimes and nickles, then 4 quarters, and finally a couple of loonies. It seemed like a good idea to get rid of $5 worth of small change since I had to pay to park anyway. The thing is the machine takes a moment to register between each coin. So here is me out side with the cheepo little stretchy mitts that have the hole in one finger for my iphone, plugging the stupid parking meter for what felt like 10 minutes! :) Tomorrow I am taking 2 Toonies ($2 coins if you haven't seen them) and one loonie ($1 coin) so I only have to plug 3 coins into the freaking meter! :)

In Canada I think they are trying to replace all our paper money with coins, since they last longer. Good thing most of us are broke, can you imagine carrying $20 around in change? Even 10 one's (or Loonies as we call them up here) can get a little on the heavy side! I suppose soon all the men in our lives are going to have to wear belts so their pants don't fall down, and we are going to need those rolling bags for our change purses! (Ok well I thought it was funny! :) )

THINGS THAT BUG ME
- I can't seem to find anything that helps with how dry I get. Water by the gallon just doesn't seem to help when I am talking all day. (It does help me remember to take breaks though!)
- collllld, no freezing colllllldd weather in March

THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY
- Completing one day of a two day course. It's nice to start on a Monday so it will be over soon! :)

KIDDO NOTES
Granny sent baby a new knitted hat, or toque as we call it here in Canada! It's pink and has to frilly pom poms on each side. She had it on all evening and she was walking around saying 'pretty baby'. (Yup we are creating a monster here! :) )

The boys were really good tonight so it gave me some time to look up a few things before they went to bed.

It's closing on 11pm so I better get to bed since I need to be up at 5:30... good night

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 5:12 a.m., March 10, 2009, Anonymous •´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Trish.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

it is a good night when the boys are good all round !
I fed the parking meter once $5 with 5 cent, 10 cent and 20 coins ...the horns were a beeping by the time I finished LOL.

 
At 8:25 a.m., March 10, 2009, Anonymous Kristin said...

Good luck getting all the material covered.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home