Friday, February 20, 2009

#171 - My People They Loved Me

Well I think I have used this title before... but it's my blog and no one said I have to be original every time! :) *insert smart *ss here!*

Well my two day Class is done! Not one complaint and my rating was either great or super great! I even got some great comments from a few people! I don't think anyone noticed that this was the first time I taught this class so I am pretty happy about that. I don't know why I always feel like I am doing such a crappy job, must be the years of my mother tell me so?

It's is amazing how even as grown adults the things that were said or done to us in the past affect us still (even though we should know better!). I guess I have always been a perfectionist due to my surroundings/experiences more so then genetics. I thought if "it" was perfect no one (the mother) would have anything to complain about. It's truly amazing how a parent can affect a child for their entire life, heck I haven't even lived at home for almost 15 years! I suppose now I am in 'recovery' mode at least. I have identified the issue and I am trying to move past it! Wish me luck it's hard to just 'let go' and let it be. Before we finally had success with IVF I was obsessive about it, now I am learning to let go, I have my kids to thank for that.

I am happy to report that I can still make it through a long day! I left the house at 6:30am this morning. Worked from 8am - 4pm teaching, then drove to my other job and worked from 4:30pm - 9:30pm. Got home around 10ish! Glad to see I still have it in me! :)

I had to laugh when I read this comment on my last post from martha
"I always laugh when I see your profile where it says, "quit my job/career", Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha! You have three jobs including the Mommy job, so thank you for the chuckle." I never really thought of the fact that I just changed careers! Now it makes me laugh too, thanks for the giggle! I guess sometimes I need the obvious pointed out! (p.s. I thought the career that I had before was busy! I can't imagine keeping that one and adding this new role!)

THINGS THAT BUG ME
- My alarm that rings at 5:30am when I teach (parking is NASTY so I have to get there really early!)
- Grumpy people
- not seeing the kiddos alllll day :(
- people who bark at me for things that I have no control over

THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY
- Awesome course evaluations, not one Negative/Bad one!
- The nice lady at Tim Hortons. She is always there during the week when I am teaching. She is the cashier, she is always smiles and is very friendly, it's a great way to start the day! (Hmmmm I should find out how I can pass that information on to her boss!)

KIDDO NOTES

Well I didn't get to spend any time with the little monkeys today. I am so glad they will all talk to me on the phone. I got to have a little chat with them between jobs today. Baby's kind of hard to talk to but talk I did anyway. Boy1 is MR, give me the phone and way-he-goes-a-thousand-miles-a-minute then he will finally take a breath. Boy2 is good a waiting for the phone, and Baby wants it the minute Boy1 is done with it. I get to see them in the morning before work, I can't wait for my hugs!

Good Night! (I really should have gone to bed earlier, but I had to update my blog first! I hope that it makes some sense as I am a we bit tired!)

Since you are like no other being ever created since the beginning of time, you are incomparable. - Brenda Ueland

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 10:16 a.m., February 21, 2009, Anonymous Rumour Miller said...

It's so cute when they talk on the phone, isn't it!

Love your new blog design.. did you do it yourself. I wish I were computer savy!

 
At 10:55 a.m., February 21, 2009, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Of course your students loved you! They learned so much, you work so hard and care about teaching, it really shines through.
I'm glad you liked my comment, always great to spend time at your place.

 
At 3:22 p.m., February 21, 2009, Anonymous Not Yet A Vet said...

Congratulations on all of your positive feedback! You definitely deserve it with all the hard work you put into everything! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home