Thursday, February 12, 2009

#163 - A new look

Well I was bored (ha ha) so I decided to create a new template. Actually I just wanted to work on learning something new for a change. It all started with an obsession to learn Adobe Photoshop, and look what it lead to! I still have some "tweaking" that I want to do but it's a start anyway!

The funny thing is that I hate when people change the look of their blogs. It kind of becomes a 'picture' of them and when it changes I get confused sometimes! Let me know what you think!

Today was a busy day, I was trying out a few new blog things and I had to work this evening. Funny thing was I had to do some Adobe stuff at work too! I think I have irritated my arm though, freaking tennis elbow! Oh well this to will pass! :)

On the Mom front, still no calls! I wish I could just cut her out of my life because I am a lot more relaxed and less stress since I haven't been talking to her. She is such a drama queen that always has to stir sh*t up. It's nice to have a break from the drama!

THINGS THAT BUG ME

- my sore arm
- cold weather... it's getting nasty again!
- when my remote start doesn't work!

THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY
- the cool thing that happens to lights when Horror Frost is on it's way. If you have never seen it it's when the light goes straight up into the heavens. It's very cool and that means we will have some lovely frost on the trees tomorrow!
- long weekends

KIDDO NOTES

Well things are pretty much the same on the Potty Training front. Boy2 mostly goes in the potty, except for the solids. Boy1 goes in the morning and sometimes at lunch, but he is still in accident mode.

All of the kids were super good today. I always enjoy them so much on these days. I try to absorb as much of their goodness as possible as they are so enjoyable on the good days. It's kind of strange to have a day were all three kids are awesome all day. It makes me marvel in the wonder of my kiddos!

We go to play with train tracks today. Boy1 is quite the track builder, he is amazing at problem solving. I think he it's great that his mind works they way it does, he is outside the box, something I wish I could be. One thing I learned from my Mother is not to 'stifle' creativity, like she did and still does. I just let him go and help him when he asks. I don't tell him what to do or the way it should be according to me.

Boy2 is into his cars right now. He likes to ride them up and down the road. He seems like a linear thinker right now. Things have to be in order and he likes to work at things in the order he likes. (Kind of like mom, everything has a place and has to be in order :)). He does have a bit of a creative side, but is more of a follower when it comes to new things.

Baby is so different in a lot of ways. She likes to go off on her own and discover new things and she likes to follow her brothers. She was busy today playing with the furniture in her doll house (I really need to get her a doll that fits on the furniture! It came with all the furniture but no dolls?) I love to just watch her when she is on her 'discovery' walk. She will sit and play for a long time, then she wanders off to her room to get a new toy and back she comes. I just love to kiss her little cheeks, she still likes it when I do that (the boys not so much, but I kiss them as much as I can too).

With that I am off to bed, good night!

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities.
Aldous Huxley

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At 5:07 a.m., February 13, 2009, Anonymous Kristin said...

It looks fabulous! I am very impressed. All I did was totally redo an existing template. I have no clue how to write one from the ground up.

 
At 6:38 a.m., February 13, 2009, Anonymous bubbledragon said...

Over from IComLeaveWe's list. I really like this layout, even though I'd never seen your old one! Photoshop intimidates the heck out of me - did you use any references to learn, or did you just go at it swinging?

 
At 8:32 a.m., February 13, 2009, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

I like the new layout, you are so creative. The kiddos sound cuter everyday and are so lucky to have a Mommy who cherishes them so.
I hope things work out with your mom, it sounds like your relationship is changing...

 
At 2:28 p.m., February 13, 2009, Anonymous Bluebird said...

Ooooh, I like it! Very easy to read. Well done!

 
At 2:37 p.m., February 13, 2009, Anonymous Danifred said...

I love the new layout and the links at the top. So pretty!

 
At 3:11 p.m., February 13, 2009, Anonymous Lollipop Goldstein said...

I like the new look. Did you also draw the flowers? I'm just very impressed that you taught yourself how to do it.

 
At 7:31 p.m., February 13, 2009, Anonymous Yo-yo Mama said...

I have to say that template options in blogger are much nicer than any other (wordpress, typepad). Nicely done and it suits you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home