Monday, February 09, 2009

#160 - It was a good day!

Well typically I don't like Mondays, but now that the hubby comes home early it is so much better.

I was able to get more course prep done today since the hubby was home early. I am over half done this one so I am hoping I can take some time off on Sunday. I teach my first class next week. It will be nice to put some cash into my bank account again! I hate it when it just keeps getting smaller!

THINGS THAT BUG ME
- the fact that windshield wipers wear out (can't they make those things last longer?)
- not being a morning person
- stupid train operators that don't toot their horn, they hold it on and you can hear it for 5 minutes straight! Ya I think we hear ya buddy!

THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY
- having some ambition to work on my course prep
- finding out we are going to have a visitor tomorrow

KIDDO NOTES/POTTY BLOG

Well today was an OK day on the potty front. Boy2 is still doing really well with the liquids, now if only we could get him going on the solids! Boy1 has his moments with liquids. I am glad that we seem to be at least getting places with the training. I am happy if we stay the same at least, going backwards drives me crazy! It must be hard to learn about that 'stuff' for a young fella. I am sure glad we waited to start as I think that they are catching on somewhat better now then they may have a while ago. I suppose if I had of listened to my pediatrician and thrown out their diapers when they turned 2 and put them into real underwear we would have been done by now. But I don't think I would have been too happy! :)

Baby loves to climb, she was standing on the kids picnic table in the basement today. I can't take my eyes off that kid for a minute! I suppose we will find her up a tree this summer out in the yard! I am worried that kid is going to break something. We finally got her to say her actual name. Usually when we try to get her to say it she points to herself and says "Baby".

Boy2 has so many fears, the poor kid. Today a light bulb broke and it scared the crap out of him. So I tried to take him into another room and he walked right into the corner of the counter top. Nice shiner he is going to have, the poor fella. His father ticks me off, he gets angry when Boy2 is afraid. I told the hubby that that doesn't help and proceeded to take Boy2 out of the room. For cripes sake he is 3 1/2. It's a good thing the hubby is really good to them otherwise or I may have to kick his arce out! Hmmm, there is a furnace in our garage?

Boy1 is in the don't touch me phase or I will cry! He is also being really good to Baby right now (I guess after the doll to the lip incident on Saturday he thinks he better be good!). I love to see him play with her and bring her toys. I might as well enjoy it now as I am sure there will be some 'disagreements' as time goes by!

It looks like hubby can adjust some work hours to come home early so that I can teach next week. I am teaching Thurs/Fri next week. The mother was supposed to look after the kids but since I haven't heard from her in over 3 weeks I don't imagine she will show up. (So much for making much extra money, since hubby will have to take two half days off).

Well that's my story and I am sticking to it!
Good night!


"Sometimes success is due less to ability than to zeal." - Charles Buxton

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 7:26 a.m., February 10, 2009, Anonymous Kristin said...

What course are you going to be teaching?

 
At 9:00 a.m., February 10, 2009, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

I'm glad things are going well with kiddos and coursework.

 
At 6:46 p.m., February 10, 2009, Anonymous Michelle said...

Sounds like you are doing pretty good with the potty training. My sis is having a hell of a time with her boy. I am glad things are going well and teaching starts next week. Good Luck with that.

 
At 7:20 p.m., February 10, 2009, Anonymous Trish said...

Oh my gosh, I totally feel your pain with Boy2 being afraid of everything. My older daughter is the same way. She freaks out about everything. In fact, the other day, she was holding a friend's dog that is about the size of a rat. She was timidly petting him saying "see, i'm not freaking out". All the while, you could see in her eyes that she was just inches away from doing just that! I hope that she grows out of it. She is five, so we will see!

 
At 8:19 p.m., February 10, 2009, Anonymous •´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Trish.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Don't worry on the potty training my friend has twin boys about your guys age and it is normal.

You seem to be getting there ... I feel your frustration Lol ...had to step back a bit with the twin 1's broken leg and to nappies in between a few undies , the other boy asks for nappy too but is getting better if I stick to undies!

Have fun with your vistior and your new training.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home