Wednesday, February 04, 2009

#156 - It feels like Thurdsay and it's only Wednesday?

I am bad. I took an entire day off working on my course prep! I had a nap instead *tehehehe*, then I went to the basement and worked on my Scrapbook! At least I was being productive! I will get back at it tomorrow though! I promise! I really want to be done with the prep so I can just do the quick review before I actually teach a class. That will be sooo nice! I am happy that I will actually have three done instead of two though. That will be great for in the future! Less work and I am ready to go go go!

The hubby is still coming home early and I am really enjoying that! (Hence the afternoon nap!). He finally when for a Medical. He has never had one (and he complained about providing a 'sample' for the Sperm Analysis... come on!) I didn't know until recently that he hadn't had one. Back in 2001 he had to get some major work done on his jaw. They sent him for a Medical before his surgery, at least that's what I thought. Apparently he didn't have one, it was just a review of his history. Remind me to kick his arce again! Well anyway he finally went and I think he will go again. Ever since his dad had his heart attack he has been thinking more of his health (probably cause he knows I would kill him again if something happened to him! LOL). I am glad to see that he is thinking about this stuff anyway. It sounds like she checked him out good to so I am glad that he went (now it's my turn I suppose, I am taking a respite this year though, I need a break after all the IVF crap. But Next year I will go back for my yearly appointments I promise!)

I am happy to report I am almost done up to Feb 2008 in one of my scrapbooks. This is making me very happy. Maybe there is hope that one day I will actually get caught up! It is driving me crazy that I was caught up before we moved and it has taken me so long to get where I am! Sheesh!

Well I figured I had to ring in on the Californian with the octuplets. I just don't get it. I am hoping that her 'reasons' become more clear when they talk to her. I am not about to tell someone they can't have more children, but you would think that she would realize that she already had a lot to deal with. The biggest thing that is driving me crazy is the articles and the news coverage. If you read or write the news please read this. THEY DON'T IMPLANT embryo's, they TRANSFER them! Arggg. I almost sent an email to the radio station that I listen to as they were talking about IMPLANTING again! Sheesh people, know your stuff before you report on it will ya!

House Pest update
Well I can't remember if I mentioned that he didn't come last weekend. I was ignoring the phone, bad me. Well it turns out that he was trying to get a hold of us to let us know that he dropped off something for the kids and the hubby, not to stay the weekend. The latest is he has a place to stay for 3 weeks while he takes some training and he may have a job lined up too. I really hope it works out for him, the guy deserves a break. (I am still feeling guilty for not answering the phone last week...) I will give him credit though as he has thanked us and told us how much he appreciates everything we have done for him. I will let him come on the weekends every now and again (and I will still complain no doubt! LOL), but I just hope it's not for a while.

Mother update
Still nothing. No calls, nothing. I have finally stopped getting tense when the phone rings. Although our phone doesn't ring very often anyway. (Talk to me about email and texting though that's a whole other story! LOL) Woot woot there goes the Nerd alarm again! I must admit I have enjoyed not talking to her, not having to listen to her b*tch and complain. I do have to go on a scrapbooking retreat with her soon though, so I am thinking I should bite the bullet and call... nah I am just to effing stubborn for that!

THINGS THAT BUG ME
- still mornings, that will never change
- my new 'friend' Ringo - The hemorrhoid (I can't believe in the Younger years we used to make jokes about these things, they are SO NOT funny! :) ) No I still haven't gotten anything yet! (I know not to bright!)

THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY
- an afternoon nap
- not having an actual job that I have to go to every day (although I think I am working harder with all the part time things I have going on!)

KIDDO NOTES - POTTY BLOG *grin*
We had some small successes today in the Potty department! Boy1 actually sat on the potty 3 times today and we even had a small poop. Boy2 managed to pee 3 times, once he actually asked to go before bed. Things that warm my heart. Lets hope the trend continues again. I think if it's not interesting for them they just don't want any part of it. How do you keep the Potty interesting I ask? (I am not enjoying spending quite so much time in the bathroom though... not my idea of a good place to hang out!)

I am thinking that having hubby around more is helping with the training. Sometimes it's hard to go all three ways at once. At least this way one can make lunch and the other can run to the potty! Like everything else when we are done the details won't matter anyway!

Oh yes and the quiet bed time we had last night, no we were back to the usual tonight.. *sigh*

Baby is totally obsessed with brushing her teeth. I swear I could brush that kids teeth for 3 hours and she would just sit there. Tonight I brushed and brushed and brushed. She is just great, she lays on my lap and way I go. She doesn't even have a full set of teeth yet so there isn't much to brush anyway! When I am done then she does her part. She actually does a really good job, she is much better than the boys and she doesn't chew on the brush. But let me tell you what a racket when you take that brush away. It's like the wild boars have been let loose! She screams and chases after the tooth brush! It is actually kind of funny (except the loud noise part).

Good Night

"Leap and the net will appear." - Julie Cameron
(If it doesn't I supposed you are screwed though! *evil grin*)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 10:17 a.m., February 05, 2009, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

I'm glad hubby is taking care of himself. Yeah for potty training progress. Sorry about your mum, her loss to miss out on your adorable children.

 
At 10:49 a.m., February 05, 2009, Anonymous Kristin said...

My 3 yr old is being SOOOOOO stubborn about potty training. He likes the idea. He wants underwear. But every time I ask him, he says "Not yet!" UGH

 
At 1:43 p.m., February 05, 2009, Anonymous Kelly D said...

Oh potty training, I remember those days and I'm so glad I don't have to spend so much time in the bathroom! I can relate. Once they start it really does go fast. Great progress that one asked to go potty before bedtime!

You sound happy in this post. Glad the job is going well and your hubby is spending more time at home.

 
At 7:19 a.m., February 07, 2009, Anonymous Carrie27 said...

Yay for potty success!

My daughter loves brushing her own teeth now, too. We go through quite a lot of tooth brushes because if the bathroom door ends up opened she instantly grabs her brush. LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home