Friday, January 23, 2009

#143 - Sleepy Girl!

Well I think I am in need of some extra sleep.  I could barely think tonight at the course I am taking.  I didn't like the instructor at first, but warmed up to him as we moved on.  It does drive me crazy that he keeps quoting stuff.  He is a very dynamic speaker so at least he is entertaining.  I think I was confused for the first hour as I wasn't ever sure what we were covering?  I was glad to get our handout of notes before we left.  Wish me luck tomorrow I really need to get it together, it's a small group so being quiet isn't really an option!

I had to pick up the tenant (previously referred to as house guest.  Thanks to Martha for the new name!).  Anyway tenant had a few brews.  I was NOT impressed.  He can't handle any alcohol so 2 or 3 is too much for him.  Loud and annoying, lets just put it that way.  I told him I would NEVER allow him near my house/kids after he has had any booze again.  I am not happy.  If the kids weren't in bed he would not have been welcome.  Talk about pushing the kindness.  I was even trolling for work for him tonight.  So anyway he is supposed to leave Sunday morning.  One can hope!


I have to get organized for my practice teaching on Sunday.  I am not sure when I am going to fit that in as blogging is MUCH more important! 


THINGS THAT BUG ME
- being tired
- not being able to function when I am really tired
- no time for a nap today!
- having to prepare for a practice teaching session with stuff that I will never use and have done before... arg

THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY
- smiles from baby after her nap
- knowing that my last course is going to be done at 3pm Sunday!
- meeting new folks through ICLW

KIDDO NOTES
Just the usual around here today.  Some screaming, some smiling (my favorite part).  Mom got to help build a new 'race track' (train track, but they like to call it the train track).   I only get to HELP now, they have decided that they want to build their own 'race track'.  It's a sad day here.  When we get to the lego stage, mom will have to get her own I think!

Baby was busy today.  She loves to get up on the couch then just sit there proud as punch. 

Today was one of those days where I just look at my kiddos and take them in and think WOW I have a family.  I am so lucky that I made it through to the other side of infertility.  Thank you to the scientists that discovered IVF.  If it wasn't for test tubes I would not be able to enjoy these kiddos (although I am sure there would have been wonderful kids from somewhere else to enjoy).  I am so lucky, and to have boys and a girl I just thank my stars for the opportunity to raise my kids.  I never really understood why I wanted a family so much, but I am sure glad things turned out the way they did.

Wishing everyone still in the grips of IF a wonderful end to their IF journey

Take care

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 5:26 a.m., January 24, 2009, Anonymous •´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Trish.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

I love what you said at the end of this post. I too look at my twin boys amazed they are mine (well Dh too so ours)and that I made it across the line with not one living babe but two.
I am so thankful for IVF too.
I subscribed because I want to know more about you and your blog.
This is what I do (read blogs ) when i should be sleeping because my sons are early risers ...or mostly bed hoppers.

 
At 10:24 a.m., January 24, 2009, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

What a lovely post about your family. You have so much love to give, I can understand why you wanted to and worked so hard to become a mom. That's So Not Good about your tenant boozing it up. Good luck with this situation, it sounds like it's spiraling downward. Your Dh needs to man up and show this clown the door, He is a USER. I'm sorry, don't mean to come on so strong, I'm concerned and care about you all.

 
At 10:25 a.m., January 24, 2009, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

I meant to write Tenant is INaccurate, tenants pay rent, money, blah, blah. More coffee, please?

 
At 10:25 a.m., January 24, 2009, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Tenant is Accurate At All, Tenants pay RENT, that is MONEY $$$

 
At 10:22 p.m., January 24, 2009, Anonymous Karen said...

I agree...baby smiles are the best, especially the sleepy smiles after naps. It sounds like you're taking courses to be a teacher? I was always shocked when I was getting my M.Ed. at what bad lecturers some of my profs were. Do as I say, not as I do? Hmmmm. :) Hope the course goes quickly for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home