Wednesday, January 21, 2009

#141 - Hello ICLW'ers!

Welcome to those visiting from ICLW!

A little about me, the short version.  Married 14 years, took us 11.5 years, IVF and 3 transfers to get PG the first time.  We were lucky enough to have twins.  Right from the moment I saw them I knew I wanted to have more.  A couple more frozen transfers and another round of IVF and we were PG with twins again.   Sadly shortly after seeing the heartbeat of our two babies we lost one, we did manage to go on and have one healthy little girl.  We still have some frozen embies, but the hubby says we are done.  I quit my career to stay home with the kids and I am currently working way to many part time jobs (got to pay for the IVF bills right?)  So this is my life after years of infertility.  I am still trying to figure out who I am, hanging out with all the fertile people who have kids.

With three kids 3 and under I just take it a day at a time!


Back to my regularily scheduled program!

Today I was back cleaning my floors (I am truly obsessed!)

I had a doctors appointment today.  I had to refill a prescription.  My old doctor moved so I was 'trying out' the new one.  She is OK but definitely not my old doctor.  I totally hate breaking in new doctors.  They don't know you, where you have been, what you have been through.  It just sucks.  We had a bit of a chat.  Of course there was some talk of infertility.  She of course assumed that I had PCOS as I am a little on the chunky side.  That really ticked me off.  A doctor should never assume anything.  She wondered what our dx was... I told her we suffered from Unexplained IF and that was it.  Then off she went, guess my time was up.  I did get a moment to talk to her about my leg pain.   Years ago it was dx as sciatica nerve pain.  Then I was told it wasn't, now apparently it is again!   Who the frickin heck knows, all I know is that it keeps me up at night! Guess I will be contacting dr. google for some advice!

Tonight I was busy trying to get ready for my practice teaching on Sunday.  It will be my third one, I will be using part of one I have done before as I just do not have it in me to start from scratch again!

Now I need to go get some work done for one of my contracts that I am working on and hey it is only 10pm!

THINGS THAT BUG ME
- loosing a great doc
- being so busy
- wishing I was better at potty training
- LOST - who can figure that show out?  Sheesh... I am watching last seasons finale again just to get caught up before I start again!  I wonder if it will ever make sense.  I have a strange feeling that this will end with a pile of questions!

THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY
- getting through a bad day with the kiddos and keeping my cool! Yey
- my DVR, how else would I ever get to watch anything
- my kids train table, I love to build new tracks for them!  When I went to the doc today I picked up a small expansion pack so I could get the tracks connected the way I wanted to!  LOL

KIDDO NOTES

Oh my, Boy2 was hitting Boy1 today.  He gets mad and starts going crazy on the poor kid.  Then the screaming started.  Boy2 was screaming because he was in trouble, Boy1 was screaming because Boy2 hit him and Baby was screaming because everyone else was.  So deep breath, then a talking to to Boy2 and then to his bedroom to calm down.  Hugs for Boy1 then get Baby ready for her nap.  Utter Chaos!  But I made it through!

After a calming session it was downstairs to play for a while.  Only a few toy fights, thank goodness... I had my computer and did some ICLW commenting, and finished off a scrapbooking page.  I had to make sure that Mrs Spider was not on Treehouse or the boys would freak.  They are afraid of the grey spider on the show.

When I left to go to the Dr.  Baby was holding on for dear life, she did not want to let go of me.  Boy2 was crying and Boy1 was giving me hugs!  I was back just as they got up from their naps.  I made a stop at the local toy store to buy some Potty bribery toys.  I do not just go buy toys very often, pretty much only for birthdays and Christmas so this was kind of fun.  I spent WAY to much, but if it works it will be worth it.  It would have been much cheaper if I wasn't trying to train twins as I had to buy 2 of everything!  I bought them each a Percy Train and the set of 2 dump trucks (one each) and a toy bunny figure and a puppy.  I told them I got them something if they did the #2 business in the potty.  Then showed them the toys.  Boy2 was jumping up and down and headed right to the potty.  He did not manage a #2 but I think it may just work for him.  Boy1 just does not give a crap.  He did show some interest but I still haven't figured out what will get that kid on the potty!

Tonight was yet another nasty bed time.  I am really at my wits end.  One of them is usually freaking out, then when we get one calmed down another one starts and so on and so on.  I really hope this is a phase that will pass very soon.  It makes me feel like I am doing something wrong as a parent, not enough attention, not enough one on one time?  To busy I dunno.  I just feel like I need to find a way to do better.

With that, good night

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

At 4:15 a.m., January 22, 2009, Anonymous Carrie27 said...

Sorry to hear about the doctor. I, too, am going to be visiting a doctor tomorrow and feel your pain about "breaking" them in.

 
At 5:25 a.m., January 22, 2009, Anonymous siscaboo said...

Breakin in new docs are a pain. Especially if you get one with no empathy or who just wants to not listen.

I remember when my oldest were that age. Bed time and all day time were crazy. Now that they are older I can't believe that I made it through that. I don't know what you have tried and don't want to overstep my bounds with suggesting things. I'll just list a few things that helped once in a while.

Reading a book to them that they pick while in bed.

Giving them 20 minutes of play time in bed to help them wind down.

Make sure they are going to bed early enough. Sometimes I found out that while I liked to stay up late and wanted them with me, it was more than they could handle. They were just plain over tired.

Give them a snack to make sure their belly is full. Like a spoon ful of peanut butter or some crackers. This can cause havok on potty training but, they slept. lol

Or you can do it the super nanny way and sit in their room facing the way and every time they get up put them back in bed with out a word and sit back down. The show says it works. lol

I really hope I didn't overstep anything there.

ICLW

 
At 6:36 a.m., January 22, 2009, Anonymous Rebecca said...

I'm always so nervous to see a new doctor. I am really happy with my doctors here, but we will be moving in about six months, so I have to start the whole process over. :(

Thanks for commenting on my blog! :) (ICLW)

 
At 7:15 a.m., January 22, 2009, Anonymous Danifred said...

It's always so frustrating to start seeing new drs. I get so stressed just thinking about the day my OB retires!

 
At 8:42 a.m., January 22, 2009, Anonymous April said...

so glad to learn your story. you give me hope :) i also hate losing docs. my RE is done with her fellowship in June and i want and need to be pregnant before then so i don't have to break in someone new. i've been with her for 3 years!!!

 
At 11:45 a.m., January 22, 2009, Anonymous Bluebird said...

Honestly, of all you said in your post, I'm here to comment about your floors! I am *so* the same way, except we have hardwoods and I blame it on the hardwoods. They're old (original to the house) and its like dirt just sinks down in them. Or its old dirt (eww!). Or something! I've made myself crazy in the past trying to get it to where white socks stay white :) and finally am trying to "let it go" . . . but please, please!, let us know if you find "the secret"!

 
At 12:43 p.m., January 22, 2009, Anonymous Fat Chick said...

Ooooo I feel your pain on the doc front. I have a fantastic PCP, and I never ever ever want to have to switch!
ICLW

 
At 1:55 p.m., January 22, 2009, Anonymous Nicole said...

Sounds like quite a riot at your house...makes me think, "think", about putting multiple embies back. But I bet you wouldn't change it for the world!

~nicole

 
At 6:02 p.m., January 22, 2009, Anonymous Jamie said...

We should chat about your part-time jobs... I'm interested in the classes that you teach/create. :)

 
At 8:53 p.m., January 22, 2009, Anonymous Photogrl said...

Good luck with the potty training! I hope you are successful soon.

*ICLW*

 
At 11:25 a.m., January 23, 2009, Anonymous Melissa said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I enjoyed reading your history and it definitely gives me hope for my future. You are doing a great job with potty training btw. They will do it when they are ready (that has been my experience with neices and nephews)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home