Friday, January 16, 2009

#135 - My Opinion!

PRODUCT: Swiffer Wet Jet



TESTING NOTES: Tried this product on ceramic tile and laminate. (I don't have any lino in this house).  I was interested by the picture on the box of the clean socks vs. the dirty socks on a floor that was washed with a mop.  So I had to was my floor with a mop first then wash it with my Swiffer Wet Jet.  I just had to see what was left behind!

RESULTS: OK so I am totally grossed out with what the Wet Jet picked up AFTER I mopped the floors (and let them dry).  Gross!  I also tried a dirty floor going over twice with the Wet Jet just to see what was left behind!  The mop pad was pretty close to clean the second time so it definitely does clean better than the old mop and bucket.  (My hubby wanted to hand wash the floor first then swiffer after, but we haven't tried that just yet.  I will post an update when we get around to it!)  I did find there was a bit of streaking on my laminate but compared to the mop and bucket you could barely see it.  With a mop there was large streaks left on my floor!  I only used the all purpose cleaner and that seems to do the trick on the laminate, and it smells nice too!  Oh yes and the scrubber on the wet jet worked great on some mystery substance that was stuck to my floor, I couldn't get it off with my mop.

THE BOTTOM LINE: I will be cleaning my floors with a Wet Jet from now on!  I can even do it with a toddler hanging off my hip so that's even better!

P.S. If you are Canadian and living in Canada and would like to review some products (no strings/no cost) please let me know (via email) and I will give you the scoop and pass you information on to my contact!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 3:41 p.m., January 16, 2009, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Good for you for getting free "swag". My sister is a swiffer junkie, she has every type they make.

 
At 5:25 p.m., January 16, 2009, Anonymous Carrie27 said...

We have the Clorox ReadyMop, which is similar to that and I agree it is much easier and cleaner.  Plus it dries so much more quickly then the old mop and bucket, which helps when you are outnumbered by kiddos. 

 
At 5:40 p.m., January 16, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Out of concern, I thought I should mention that the WetJet and the ReadyMop can be toxic to children and pets. I have known cats to become very sick and develop disease from licking their paws after walking on the floor. If you have crawling children, you may want to reconsider your cleaning options.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home