Tuesday, September 30, 2008

#68 - Wahooooo!

Well my 4 day work marathon is over.  I still think that it's funny that my 4 day week felt like a marathon, when 4 days used to be a short week.  It's amazing how your perspective changes depending on your view!

I was happy to start my day without too much traffic, I should have know that was a good sign.  The course went very well.  I managed to make a few changes to my delivery style and it made all the difference when it came to actually getting my point across.  Of course I always believe that I can improve so I am looking forward to the next one.  (This makes me happy as I usually feel like crying when I am done, I am not so good at letting the nasty comments just Roll off my back! :) )  I was happy to see that there wasn't any nasty comments in the course review, which makes me very happy!  I got some great comments as to my organization, how patient I am (my family wouldn't agree with this one! LOL), how well laid out my course and notes were.   I will keep this one in my memory for a while as it was such a good group, this doesn't always happen!  If only everyone was so well behaved! (I have had a few classes where facebook seems to be a little more important! :) )  

I even had someone ask if I taught the next level! :)  To top it off it was a lovely day outside!

On the drive home today I was thinking of how much I have changed.  I am no longer this shy girl that used to sit in the back and be afraid to talk.  Now I am teaching adults, standing at the front of a classroom and actually talking for hours on end. If someone would have told me that I was going to do what I am doing now, I would have thought they were crazy.  I am the girl that used to use email to avoid talking to people on the phone at work!  Times are a changing

THINGS THAT TICK ME OFF
- Luggage that does not pack itself! :)  Now don't you think it would be a much better idea if your suitcase could fill itself up for you?  Come to think of it I think Laundry should do itself too (not just the washing part, loading and folding too!).
- Stubbing my toe
- Drinking 4 liters of water to try to get rid of the dry feeling from talking all day, and all it does is make you have to pee and you are still thirsty
- Trying to get organized to get our septic tank replaced!  What a PITA (pain in the arce)
- When I am left sitting in the dark blogging as my timers have shut all the lights off in the house
- Hangnails!

THINGS THAT I LOVE
- When a plan comes together
- Watching the amazement in a child's eyes when they grasp a new concept
- The way my kids count to five and always skip the four
- Being truly happy
- Firefox

KIDDO NOTES

I think baby is inventing a new sport, the chair Olympics!  She has one of those foam chairs (pink of course) in her room and she has a chair that sings when you sit on it.  So she goes back and forth from one chair to the other as quick as she can.  In the foam chair she rocks three times then off and onto her bum to scoot across to the other chair, play some music, stand up and play some other music on her light table, the sit again and repeat.  Of course Baby is so busy laughing it is quite a hoot, back and forth she goes.  I am not sure what the purpose of all of this is, but she sure looks like she is having fun! I suppose the funniest part is how she gets onto the chair.  She is on her but, she lifts up her left leg and puts her foot and leg onto the chair then she manages to get her butt up (she is facing the back of the chair), then she twists around to sit forward.  It is definitely unique, but I suppose when you aren't standing it makes sense to her.  She kind of climbs on this like this too!  I suppose she will have strong arms from hoisting herself up!

Baby has also found a new way to crawl, on her belly!  She uses her toes and her hands to drag herself forward.  So she pretty much only has her toes, her hands and her belly on the floor, the rest of her is up in the air! 

The boys are definitely on a big 'wind me up' cycle before bed!  Driving me CRAZY, before bed I am ready to go to sleep and these too have some kind of energy rush.  Energy is wasted on the youth, I am sure I could put that to better use than running around in circles and falling on the floor!

I wanted to write something else about the boys, but it seems to have escaped my brain.  I am pretty much typing with my eyes closed so I think it's time to go to bed.  I hope my post is not to choppy as I think my brain stopped functioning about an hour ago!

Good night! :)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 7:22 a.m., October 01, 2008, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Congratulations on the great reviews. That is so cool your class went well. Your kids sound adorable. Please let me know when you invent self folding laundry and luggage! Thanks!

 
At 8:34 a.m., October 01, 2008, Anonymous Danifred said...

Congratulations on being done and for the great review.
I also love Firefox by the way- can you say ten browers opened at once!?!?

 
At 9:50 p.m., October 04, 2008, Anonymous Rumour Miller said...

Mine counts to 10 and always skips the 5! Too cute.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home