Tuesday, September 23, 2008

#62 - Excuse me but where did you put my spare time?

The weeks are just flying by. The days seem to be mere blips on the month. I feel like I am always behind and always trying to catch up. If I take a moment for myself it seems to put me behind even farther. I was exhausted today so I had a nap with the kids and therefore did not get any prep for the class I am teaching next Monday done. So it has become a night time 'sport'. Trying to prep for a class when you are exhausted is not the best thing.

I am really stressed over money and other things so I just had to rest for a while today. I told my poor kiddos that mom was grumpy today so they had to be good, and they were pretty good. Yey! I even managed to get a load of laundry done (and hubby even thanked me for doing his!). I was going to start working on my course when Baby napped in the morning but I just didn't have it in me. I guess there is always tomorrow. The problem is I need to get my handouts to the folks to print out by the end of day Thursday. Yikes!

The last few days I don't think I have been giving enough to my kids. I feel guilty, so tonight I sat down and played with them. I keep thinking that they will have three weeks of our undivided attention when we are on vacation. I just need more waking hours in my day!

THINGS THAT TICK ME OFF
- A bad nights sleep
- Getting screwed over
- Stupid Drivers
- Dumb commercials
- Being tired
- Getting behind on my Scrapbooks
- Our furnace (we are having issues with it and it wouldn't start this morning!)

THINGS THAT I LOVE
- Cheesecake
- Sleeping in (something I dream about)
- The smell of fall
- Getting things accomplished
- Baking cookies with my kids

KIDDO NOTES
Baby was very busy today, into everything she could. The boys were busy today too, getting to everything and anything when Mom was in the washroom. It is amazing the stuff those two can get into when I am indisposed for 2 mins. I kept coming out into the room wondering where the heck stuff came from. Baby was enjoying the chaos I think. (NOT GOOD! :) )

After lunch the boys got into the bran buds. For some reason they think this is a treat? They sure as heck didn't learn that from Mom! (They also eat broccoli and cauliflower? No idea???) Anyway I had to make a pit stop, I knew it wasn't going to be good as I could hear this laughing, the laughing that makes me RUN. So into the kitchen I went... OMG there was Bran-eee buds (as they call them) EVERYWHERE.

They were licking their hands and sticking them into the bowl, then watching them fall off. I suppose if I was 3 that would be pretty cool. Then they were climbing down on the floor to eat them. YUCK. (Probably feeding them to Baby no doubt). Needless to say I sent them off so I could get the floor cleaned up. The kitchen looked like a food explosion had happened in there. I suppose I should be happy that they have such creative minds!

So tomorrow we are off for Rhymes and Story Times. I pray that Boy2 does not freak-out and has some fun! I am exhausted just thinking about getting the kids out of the house! :)

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 12:07 a.m., September 24, 2008, Anonymous Mrs Woggie said...

I feel the same way, always trying to get ahead and catch up on things, I just never seem to manage doing that. I hope you have fun and Rhymes and Story Times! Here from ICLW.

 
At 5:25 a.m., September 24, 2008, Anonymous motheringmymiraclemultiples said...

The chaos can be fun, in very small doses...

I actually took some time for me yesterday after the hubby got home and went on a bike ride (alone). It was only 25 minutes or so, but with the ipod on, I was in my own little world....it was heavenly.

Hope you enjoy those creative little minds....and that everyone behaves today...

 
At 8:50 a.m., September 24, 2008, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

I'm sorry, Silver, I had to chuckle about the Bran Bud explosion, but what a mess! I'm beginning to accept that I need rest in order to be productive and not a Mean Mommy. Here's hoping you get some soon.

 
At 12:38 p.m., September 24, 2008, Anonymous andbabybmakesthree said...

If you find some of this supposed spare time, let me know! I'm always in the market for some of that.

D

 
At 6:21 p.m., September 24, 2008, Anonymous Michelle said...

Cheesecake and the smell of fall are 2 of my favorites too. Sounds like the kids had fun...even though not so fun for you...oh to be 3 again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home