Tuesday, September 16, 2008

#56 - *sigh*

It was a rough one today. I am glad it's done, and I hope tomorrow is better. I did manage to get the rest of the cross braces done in the shed at nap time this afternoon. I also managed to get 2 loads of laundry away, the bathroom cleaned and the boys bedroom dusted.

I was supposed to have a visitor today, but she called this morning to say she wouldn't make it as her husband was being a pill. Long story, she is my friend with one baby who phones me to complain how tired/busy she is ALL the time. I have to bite my tongue a lot, OK so I think I am missing chunks, when I talk to her. It's about being the bigger person right?

Does anyone have a money tree? Could they send me a shoot? LOL! We are going to visit the hubby's parents soon. We used airmiles to fly, but it still cost us over $700 (so much for free flights, gotta love the gas surtax). Then there was the rental car, and we are probably going to rent 2 car seats so that we don't have to take quite so much junk. It's going to be over $1400 for car rental, and if I want to drive as well as the hubby it will be an additional $200. I really wanted to go to Newfoundland to visit a friend, but that would be another $1200 return for the ferry ride. Not to mention over 17hours on a boat then a drive. We were going to take a week to go visit, but I think we are going to have to pass. I am so very disappointed.

----

I finally got My Story - Part 1 updated... you will probably have to wait a while for Part 2! :) It's under my About me section, or click here *WARNING It's a LOOONG one* If you have trouble sleeping and need something to bore you to sleep it may be the thing for you! :)

THINGS THAT TICK ME OFF
- people that assume things
- getting up in the morning
- friends who constantly cancel coming over (when I am expected to not cancel on them)

KIDDO NOTES
Wow three grumpy screeching kids all day, then a grumpy husband too. Let me tell you today was not one of my steller days as a Mom. I hate those days when I run out of patience and raise my voice just a little to loud. Well at least I can improve tomorrow.

If they weren't screaming over toys, they were hitting each other on the top of the head (boy1 and boy2). Baby would just follow them around and add to the noise level. Boy2 can hit those nasty almost glass breaking octaves that really make me want to run for the hills, and Baby can replicate them wonderfully.

Getting up was a fight, breakfast was a fight, baby's nap was a couple of boys fighting, lunch was a fight, playing was more fighting, dad came home and they were still fighting. At least they improved slightly after naps. I suppose that was because they dumped ALL of their storage unit buckets, full of toys, on the floor. I came in after naps and one of the boys had 3 storage units stacked and he was sitting in the top one. (Of course I got the camera for that moment!)

The boys are usually pretty good about cleaning up, not today.... arg too many toys everywhere today.

... and then there is Baby, she likes to climb up on Boy1's bed. She used to scream to get off the bed, now she just falls off and screams.

I have more work to do tomorrow to get this house cleaned up, I have been neglecting my duties so hopefully the kids will be a little happier tomorrow!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 5:49 a.m., September 17, 2008, Anonymous Danifred said...

I absolutely cannot get over how expensive it is to travel these days- especially by plane! Glad you at least got to use some of your miles :)

 
At 8:09 a.m., September 17, 2008, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

((Hugs)) you are my hero, I don't know how you get so much done with all you have to do! Sorry about your friend cancelling, her loss for sure.

 
At 12:22 p.m., September 17, 2008, Anonymous andbabybmakesthree said...

Can I just say how much I love your "things that tick me off" section each day?? I LOVE IT!

D

 
At 5:53 p.m., September 17, 2008, Anonymous sky girl said...

I had a crappy day today. Hope yours was better then yesterday!

PS-what's up with passwords? Can I have it? I've never asked 'cause I figured it might be stuff you just write for yourself and if that's the case, that's cool. Just thought I'd ask. :)

 
At 6:14 p.m., September 17, 2008, Anonymous MoMo said...

I hope tomorrow is a better day! And you are a rock star--you get so much done and here I am with one and feel like I am barely scraping by!EQ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home