Thursday, September 04, 2008

#45 - Accomplishments

I am just thrilled with my accomplishments today! I managed to get a cupboard (for storing my Creative Memories stuff) mostly built (I leave the hard stuff for hubby of course). Got 2 loads of laundry done, got 4 out of 5 buckets of laundry put away. Played with my kids and even gave them some extra attention, and this was all before lunch. (It kind of went downhill after that, but I did work tonight too so that has to count for something right?). Not to mention that I am sick, the kids are sick, and baby was up (poor sod) crying about every 2 hours last night.

When I was working as a professional for a living and dreaming about having babies (maybe/hopefully) one day, it was all about accomplishing major tasks at work and gaining the approval of clients and peers. Now life is about laundry, dishes, and cleaning out diapers. That's definitely a change, but in the end it's all about feeling good about what you have done, and now I get the extra bonus of smiling little faces. (Man I am already dreading when they all go off to school, someone at work said, that's when they stop being yours... worldly influences... baaahhh humbug! :) )

KIDDO NOTES
Poor baby was so stuffy she was up about every 2 hours last night, with a little cry then back to sleep. My heart just aches to see the kids sick and uncomfortable, especially when there isn't much you can do about it. It was amazing she was in as good a mood as she was today. I so want her to slow down and not grow up so fast since she is my last.

The boys were turkey's today at nap time... I think they may be done with the afternoon naps (I remember a time when I could hardly wait till they didn't need naps... ha was I crazy). So I think that my me time for an hour a day is officially done now. I thought for sure they would nap today with being sick? Maybe it's just because of them being stuffed up. (Well one can dream right!) We will see what happens tomorrow.

Off to bed I go, good night!

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:42 a.m., September 05, 2008, Anonymous Carrie27 said...

I hate having sick babies, because you are right there is nothing we can do for them when they are so little.

I hope the kiddos take a nap so you can get a little quiet time.

 
At 12:50 p.m., September 05, 2008, Anonymous Nancy said...

I seriously hope you all feel better soon!!

And Geez- that's an awful lot to accomplish before lunch ;)

 
At 8:28 p.m., September 05, 2008, Anonymous MoMo said...

Wow..you did get a lot done! You go girl. I hope the everyone feels better soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home