Friday, August 29, 2008

#40 - Memories and The Zoo

Well today was zoo day. Being around all those 'mommies' and kids reminded me of the good old days. You know the ones were infertility (IF) takes over your life. In my case I tried to avoid places where people with kids go, like the Zoo. It has been so very long since I have been to a Zoo. Even now that I have kids, I still feel the pains of IF. It still bothers me to be around all those family's even though I now I have one of my own. I imagine over time it will continue to feel better, to feel more like I fit in. It's just strange to be there and to have my own brood, a brood that would have made my heart ache only a few years ago.

I guess once an IF'er always an IF'er? I do remember the pain of making to that first PG like it was yesterday only now I don't have to try to live it everyday, it's just there... a memory.

Everyday I realize how lucky I am to have IF treatments in my past, just the thought of others still suffering still breaks my heart though.

KIDDO NOTES
The Zoo was fun, the kids were pretty quiet though. I think they were just trying to take it all in. Baby was tired as she missed her morning nap and she is way to nosy to nap when we were walking around.

Now our local zoo is small and there isn't a lot there. Which was good for the kids, and even better for the animals. I remember when I was a kid they had way more animals crammed into small spaces. I was glad to see that there wasn't many animals and there was only a few in each cage.

The kids were greeted by a big pen of guinea pigs. There were piles of them. The boys really liked them. They were only slightly interested in the elephant, but they liked the snowy owl. The boys liked the Sea Lions and the seal. (The sea lion/seal pens were kind of sad though, they seemed kind of small. Although they had a private area as well so I am not sure what size that was.) There was a monkey swinging around that the boys really liked too. We got to see a tiger, it was just waking up. The boys seemed to be amazed at the Tiger.

They have a petting area there for the kids, there was some sheep, a couple of goats and some chickens. The boys were nervous to pet them at first but finally decided to feel the sheep. Then Boy2 really liked the chickens, he got to touch one and he just giggled. Boy1 was the nervous one today (usually he is the brave one), so it took some coaxing for him to come around. We never seem to be able to keep track of who is going to be the brave one! Baby just loved the petting zoo, she just giggled and made noises the entire time. I think she liked the chickens a lot too.

We got to go on the little train. I think the boys would have spent the entire day on it if they could. We really wanted to take them on the pony rides but after lunch they were just getting so tired that we didn't think it would go well. We will have to go out again and do that. Instead the hubby took them on the Merry Go Round. Mom and Baby waved and took photos.

We stayed most of the day got home just in time for half naps. I headed to work and Dad got to spend the evening with the kids. They weren't too bad but not too good either. I think they are a little tired.

I really hope they enjoyed themselves. They didn't really say much after, but they were tired. We will see if they talk about it tomorrow. I will have to show them the photos and see what they have to say.

It was special to take them to the Zoo... we are a family, they are ours... Wow.. I am so thankful.

Good Night

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 8:14 a.m., August 30, 2008, Anonymous sky girl said...

IF changes you, that's for sure.

 
At 5:20 p.m., August 30, 2008, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Sounds like a fun day at the Zoo. You sound like a wonderful family.

 
At 6:33 p.m., August 30, 2008, Anonymous Kim said...

I love the zoo! I think it is true once and IFer always an IFer. My mom's friend's daughter just announced she was pg. They got married in July - and she just turned 21! She is telling everyone it is exactly how they planned it! I am jealous even with my three - and one on the way! Ugh! I don't think the memories will ever completely go away. Things are easier to deal with but the pain is still right on the surface!

 
At 8:04 p.m., August 30, 2008, Anonymous Carrie27 said...

Very true...once an IFer always and IFer. You are in that same middle area as I am, and just not sure where you fit in more.

I'm sure everyone loved the zoo and were just exhausted like you said.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home