Tuesday, August 26, 2008

#37 - Getting out and other Rantings

My husband is on the top of the idiot list today. He keeps lending my fricking car out. First it was to the neighbour, which was ok as it was only for a few days until they found a new car (after she seized the engine... don't drive when the oil light is on people, not a good plan!). So we finally got it back and I was planning on driving it back and forth to work. The vehicle that I usually drive is the one that he lends out, the second one that I drive needs a new exhaust. It is so freaking loud it drives me nuts. So anyway house guest from the weekend calls, his new job is in a quary somewhere and I guess the roads are not nice, and he has a new car. So dippy the husband says... Oh you can use our car. Well granted the car is old but I don't want to beat it up driving on crappy roads. Like sorry friend but maybe you should have bought a more practical car maybe?

So how does his car issues become mine. I asked my hubby how long he is going to have it, he didn't know. I am so f-ing pissed off, I wasn't even consulted. And now we loose more storage space as his car will be going into the portable storage garage where my mustang was supposed to go for the winter. (I haven't been driving my mustang this year, it's not insured for the road)

Aaaaaannnddd did I mention we need to take our truck off the road to do some work before winter, and our Kid mobile also needs some work. WTF am I supposed to drive now? I think maybe I will have to make some ex lax brownies for my hubby tomorrow. Can you tell I am mad?
---------
Have you heard about the Listeria issues in Canada? It's horrible, people have died. It makes me glad that we don't usually eat processed meat. I remember the first time I heard of Listeriosis, I was at a bad place in my life. We just had our 2nd failed IVF attempt, 10 years of trying and I came across this story of PG woman that contracted listeriosis. I can't remember if it was a Blog, it was a while ago now. This poor woman had suffered many losses and had been suffering with infertility for years. She finally got PG with twins. She contracted listeriosis through cheese I believe it was. She almost died and they had to take her babies, they did not survive. How do you recover from something like that? It still gives me chills to think of that poor woman.
----------
Well I guess by now you know I am from Canada, we live in Canada, we watch Canadian news and not much else on TV yet my kids know who Bara.ck Ob.ama is. They see him on TV and shout "Bak ObaaaaMA". I guess they are Democrats??? We are possibly heading towards and election here but there seems to be more coverage of the American race. I don't think the kids know who our Prime Minister is but they know who is running in the US! LOL
------------

KIDDO NOTES

Well today was an outing day, I figured since the boys were so grumpy yesterday that I would get them out today. Last night I told them we were going to Wal.mar.t to spend Dads money today. So off we went to Wally world. I finally got to go to the new supercenter, it's been open over a year it's about freaking time. It took so long to get breakfast done and the kids ready that we didn't get there until about 10:30/11ish. I thought I would be in for it with the kids as it was getting close to lunch! They were pretty good for about 20 mins then they wanted to go. They had enough. I got a bit of a walk around and picked up a few things. The craft section is so awesome there, I can't wait to go back! :)

I do unfortunately draw some attention to myself when I go out. I have a triple stroller that contains the kids for me when I go out. I am glad that the boys will still stay in the stroller or I am not sure how brave I would be going out with them ? Anyway I know I am going to get stupid comments when I go out. So I try to a)have a witty comment b)smile or c) bite off my tounge. Why is it total strangers feel the need to make comments anyway? Whatever.

So here is today's list (my responses in brackets)
1) Are they triplets... (umm no, twins and a spare)
2) OMG you have your hands full (better full than empty)
3) Then there was the woman that leans over to 'whisper' to her husband, OMG that poor woman. I really wanted to go up and say "NO I am not a poor woman, I am so very happy to have these children in my life" One of these days I may just do that.
4) Here is my favorite. Some woman came up to me and said "I suppose they drive you crazy! But you should enjoy them, you are so lucky I would be happy to have them". From what I could tell she had 4 or 5 kids and she was shopping with one of them, teenagers by the look of it. FIRST OF ALL what the heck do you know about how I feel about my kids? I was so totally ticked that I said to her "Actually I love every moment with my kids" She says "Oh I guess you are like me and like your kids". I just walked away at this point... If you only knew lady!

It's amazing how a triple stroller can bring out the comments! So much for me hiding in obscurity!

As per usual Boy2 freaked on the way out. It seems like whenever we get to the till he freaks for some reason, then he got baby going. Lucky for me I remembered to bring a soother for baby (she doesn't really use it anymore but man she sure shuts up when you plunk it in). So one down one to go! It wasn't until the truck that he finally calmed down. People just stare when you have a rotten kid! I will have to remember not to do the same to other moms! :)

We actually managed to make it to a second store and Boy2 was good again until the till... hmm I am seeing a pattern here. I even got to ask some questions in the computer department. (I am trying to decided if my next computer is going to be a mac or a pc??? I am sick of micr.o.so.ft! Ugg)

Anyway we all managed to get home, have lunch and it took a while for the boys to calm down for naps. I am assuming that that was because they weren't running around all that much in the am.

They did manage to have a bit of a sleep, finally ! I even managed to get some cleaning up done in the basement and a load of laundry.

OK enough already I am going to bed!
Good night

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 4:17 a.m., August 27, 2008, Anonymous motheringmymiraclemultiples said...

Know right where you are at with the stroller.
I love the questions...are they identical twins? Um...no, one is a boy (the one in blue) and one is a girl (the one with the pink on). They look nothing alike when their diapers are off.... IDIOTS....

As far as the hubby goes...sheesh...I'd be smackin' the crapola out of mine if he pulled something like that... Mine just likes to spend money on dumb stuff...like electric rat traps...and no, we don't have a rat problem. We have a squirrel problem. Unless they are pygmi squirrels, I doubt they are gonna fit in the stupid electrified box.....

Must actually check out the craft section at my wall.mart....

 
At 6:40 a.m., August 27, 2008, Anonymous sky girl said...

I would have been livid about the car. Livid.

 
At 6:45 a.m., August 27, 2008, Anonymous Nancy said...

Yikes! So much to comment on. :)

Ya. Hubby would be in the dog house if he loaned my car out. ESPECIALLY if he did it without asking first.

We get lots of comments too. I've learned that no one really means any harm, so I smile and sometimes even chat with them. I'm such a twin stalker myself, that I have to remember to be good to others ;)

And I'm so jealous that your boys still nap!!

 
At 10:16 a.m., August 27, 2008, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Hi, Silver, here's a (Hug) and I am in awe of you at your graciousness. What is up with your husband and the car thing? Good luck straightening him out, love the Exlax idea. I hope you have a good rest of your day and week.

 
At 11:26 a.m., August 27, 2008, Anonymous tripmom827 said...

Ahhhh....yes. I have many fond memories of being ogled at with the triplet stroller. It's amazing the things that come out of people's mouths. Anyway, my favorite answer to "You sure have your hands full" is "If you think my hands are full, you should see my heart!"

ICLW.

 
At 9:01 p.m., August 27, 2008, Anonymous MoMo said...

Oh..I would be so upset about the car too!!! Sometimes they just don't think. I think people feel like there is a free speech when they see children.

 
At 9:11 p.m., August 27, 2008, Anonymous The Muser (aka Beautiful Mama) said...

Wow! I can't believe those comments...Good Lord. What is with people??

Sorry about the car. I'd be pissed too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home