Friday, August 22, 2008

#32 - Oh to be fertile and naive.

So I was out the other night and there was a couple of sisters there. Young and having 4 kids each. They were talking about their kids. One of them said that their young daughter said that she was waiting until she was 30 to have kids. Then the Mom and her sister said "who waits that long to have kids, she will learn soon enough".

I suppose that was a bit of a compliment as I am hoping that meant I don't look my age! I am secretly thinking boy you have no idea what it's like when you don't have a choice, when mother nature has other plans for us IF'ers out there.

Oh to be so naive about fertility, to have never been down that road, to have never suffered through months and years of no double lines. Things I dream of! :)

KIDDO NOTES
Well the kids have been so good lately I knew I would be in for it soon! Boy 1 woke up grumpy, but lucky for me the bug up his butt quickly moved to Boy 2 and there it stuck for the rest of the day!

It was one of those days where you are lucky that you didn't pull your hair out. I had to work tonight though so I got a nice break!

MY LATEST CREATIONS
 


 

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 7:23 a.m., August 22, 2008, Anonymous Carrie27 said...

I remember growing up saying that I wanted to start my family as soon as I got married (the age of 21). Well, we started and life didn't work out as planned. I often wonder if we jinx ourselves with our own words.

 
At 9:46 a.m., August 22, 2008, Anonymous Erin said...

Hi, here from ICLW. I also laugh at some people's attitudes on the other end of the spectrum. Some people can't imagine having children at or after 30 and some can't imagine having them earlier than 35 or 40. Either way I think these are people who don't know anyone who has struggled with IF.t

 
At 3:02 p.m., August 22, 2008, Anonymous Angie said...

Ugh! 4 kids? Sorry, but HELP! :-0

I can't see the newest creations... Darn.

 
At 5:06 p.m., August 22, 2008, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Visiting from ILCW, thanks for sharing. I checked out your cards from Etsy, very beautiful.

 
At 5:21 p.m., August 22, 2008, Anonymous Jaymee said...

AH, the days of ignorance. I said I would have all my kids before I was 30, and here I am 32 and childless (if you don't count hubby). You make really cool red Xs, don't worry I make a lot of them too ;).

 
At 8:46 p.m., August 22, 2008, Anonymous Rumour Miller said...

If only we had any control over it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home