Wednesday, August 20, 2008

#31 - You have got to be kidding me

Today was a low key day, I had a visitor and the kids love her so it was a good day. I am really tired for some reason. I guess I need to get to bed a little earlier. I was also doing some consulting work this afternoon (one of my three part-time jobs). In the future I really must start getting to bed before midnight I suppose?

KIDDO NOTES
My daughter is a little nutty I have decided. She is deathly afraid of bubble gum. Yes if you chew gum she gets nervous, but if you blow a bubble she freaks out. I was holding her and I blew a bubble. OMG the poor thing was terrified, she was even shaking. I was holding her, so she grabbed on tight and turned her little head as far as she could. She wanted me to hold on to her yet she was terrified of the gum. I took it out of my mouth and showed her that I was throwing in the garbage, then did the fear factor, look into my mouth thing.

She had to go spend some time with dad for a while to get her calmed down. I can't believe she is afraid of bubble gum. (Well Boy2 was afraid of the wind for the longest time so I guess I shouldn't be surprised! :) )

----

I was trying to think of cute names for my boys in this blog but nothing really came to mind except Thing 1 and Thing 2 from Cat in the Hat. Because they are kind of like thing 1 and 2. Getting into trouble together etc. So anyway I decided to stick with Boy1 and Boy2 (kind of like the thing1/2 thing!) Yes now you know I am crazy and see where the kids get it from as I ramble on! :) Then for the girl, baby is just Baby around here so I figured I would just go with that one. Poor thing everyone around here calls her Baby, I wonder how long that will stick for?

Good night and enjoy your bubble gum, just not in front of my kids! :)

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 9:29 p.m., August 20, 2008, Anonymous Nancy said...

Gum, huh? That's a new one :) I'm sure she'll get over it at some point and chew it herself. And Baby...my first thought, of course, was "Nobody puts Baby in a corner!" LOL!!

 
At 10:00 p.m., August 20, 2008, Anonymous Krissy said...

Thanks for the encouragement! Your kind comments have been really appreciated!

 
At 6:43 p.m., August 21, 2008, Anonymous In Due Time said...

Coming over from ICLW...

Boy 1 and Boy 2 are fitting. It's hard to come up with nicknames sometimes!

 
At 7:14 p.m., August 21, 2008, Anonymous MoMo said...

That is interesting about the bubble gum. I was thinking of an interesting name for B for a long time and just couldn't think of one.

 
At 8:12 p.m., August 21, 2008, Anonymous Kate said...

Here from ICLW. How funny that gum is scary! I remember being afraid of a Santa doll when I a kid. My parents still have it and I really can;t remember why it scared me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home