Wednesday, July 23, 2008

#7 - Worries

Well back in June I took my daughter for her one year check-up and I got some upsetting news. I missed her 6 month appointment as we had moved and it was just so crazy that I forgot to call and book it.

Anyway she was scooting on her bum so I never really worried about the fact that she wasn't doing some of the other things the boys did. Not to mention that time goes by so fast that I didn't realize that she was missing some of the milestones.

So the worry is that she does not sit up, she doesn't roll, she doesn't pull up. She can sit if I put her on her butt and she can move around (quite quickly as a matter of fact). Since she was moving I wasn't to worried, except I thought it was kind of strange that she didn't sit up.

Well anyway the Dr. is quite concerned that she isn't doing these things. I am trying to work with her as much as is possible but with 2 other toddlers I can't spend all my time with her. I was told to work with her and bring her back in 3 months.

Things aren't improving too much yet. She has finally decided to roll over as of a couple of weeks ago. I sure hope that that is just the start to more movement. It's amazing how much you worry about something so small.

I really hope that things improve soon. I am really surprised that she isn't crawling or walking with two brothers to follow around. The boys are so cute they even try to show her how to crawl.


FUNNY MOMENT OF THE DAY
The boys are kind of clean freaks (hope it lasts... ya who am I kidding). After supper there was some crumbs on the floor, so one of my boys went and grabbed our little stick vacuum (backyouuum-youmm as they say it) and proceeded to clean up the mess. He said that we were 'awful messy'.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:34 a.m., July 24, 2008, Anonymous Jen said...

I'm glad to find your new blog! I hope your daughter starts getting stronger soon!

 
At 5:44 p.m., July 27, 2008, Anonymous sky girl said...

That IS pretty worrisome. I hope that you see a steady improvement over the next 3 months. Worrying is hard on a Mom.

 
At 12:20 p.m., July 28, 2008, Anonymous Rumour Miller said...

I hope everything turns out alright.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home