Sunday, August 26, 2007

A note on weddings...

I went to my first wedding since having kids. First of all I felt so old, has it been so long since getting married and thinking the whole world is at my feet? I guess 13 years is a while!

The bride was beautiful and so slender, as I sit there still carrying some of the PG weight around not to mention that I am substantially larger then I was when I got married.

On to my point. Before the successful pregnancies, like many other things, I even found weddings to be a kind of painful torture. I never thought I would ever have a child to share their wedding day. To sit back and be able to take it all in and enjoy. This time I was able to truly enjoy knowing that someday, hopefully, I will be able to be the proud parent watching my child start their new life. (and of course praying they never have to go through infertility issues, but that's a whole other post)

It was a nice relief to know that I would never have to live through the pain of no children again in any facet of my life. Now if only I could put the rest of the pain of infertility behind me.

(I am not sure I will be going to to many other weddings though, childcare is nasty. $80 in babysitting and another $25 for pizza... plus the wedding gift it was an expensive afternoon! And we were home by 9pm!)

(I am still sick and it seems to be getting worse again, good thing we were home by 9 as I am feeling very ill today. I am not even sure what it is, I just don't feel right. I sure hope I feel better in the morning)

Good night.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7:51 a.m., August 27, 2007, Blogger MoMo said...

Oh weddings. I have yet to go to a wedding since B was born. We were invited to one this summer, but as you said childcare is expensive--our is out of town!! I hope you are feeling better.

 
At 3:58 p.m., August 27, 2007, Blogger beagle said...

Babysitting rates are crazy!

Feel better soon!

 
At 1:58 p.m., August 29, 2007, Blogger Angie said...

I hope you get feeling better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home