Thursday, June 10, 2010

Infertility sucks, but you already knew that!

It has been a sad week in our family. Two family members passed away yesterday and we are waiting for a friend of the family to 'go' as well, she has been taken off life support today. Here's the thing one of the people that passed away was my Great Uncle. It was rather unexpected. He had been married to his wife for around 60 years. They always wanted a family but sadly were never able to have one. They really didn't talk much about it just once my Aunt mentioned that she wished IVF was around when they were younger because they would have tried it. As to their full story I don't know all the details, I just know that they really wanted a family.

So now my Aunt is alone. No that she doesn't have other family but it's not the same. She has said that she really doesn't want to continue without my Uncle. The thing is after only 11 years of infertility I 'get it'. They are a love story for all ages and I am so sad for her that her family has passed. I just can't imagine being the one left behind. There really are no words to console her, she lost her love, her family, suddenly and sadly. She only wants to be with him and who can blame her. One thing I have found is relationships are different with kids vs without kids. I am so sad that they won't be at our kids birthdays anymore... they were 2 wonderful peas in a pod... an inspiration...

RIP Uncle G... some day the love of your life will rest with you for eternity...

6 Comments:

At 11:32 p.m., June 10, 2010, Anonymous Kristin said...

My thoughts and prayers are with your Aunt. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your uncle.

 
At 8:40 p.m., June 11, 2010, Anonymous Yo-yo Mama said...

I'm very sorry to hear of your family's recent losses.

 
At 8:56 p.m., June 14, 2010, Anonymous Rumour Miller said...

So sorry to hear about your Uncle. My thoughts are with your Aunt.

I get "it" too.

 
At 6:28 p.m., June 16, 2010, Anonymous Heather said...

So sorry to hear about your family's loss.

 
At 9:48 a.m., June 23, 2010, Anonymous Kir said...

I am here *late* from the roundup and I am so sorry about your loss. I have lost many Great Aunts and Uncles (My mom was the daughter of one of 13 children) but was an only child. My grandma had 3 sisters who never had children and one who finally did but after 8 m/cs)
SO i know where your hurt for your Aunt comes from..I felt it too when they would pass, that they were leaving just them, their soulmate and best friend alone. It was (and now writing this ) still is heart wrenching for me.

wishing you comfort, and your Aunt peace and happy memories.

 
At 8:14 a.m., June 24, 2010, Anonymous Flying Monkeys said...

I'm sorry for your family's loss.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home