Friday, December 04, 2009

#360 - Snow, string, and high pitched noise

Well today we woke up to snow, falling gently. By the end of the day we are talking 8 to 12 inches and drifts of 3 or 4 feet with the nasty wind! Now yes I live in Canada but this was a bad storm. Usually we don't get this much snow all at once. Well I was supposed to go to a meeting at the college that I teach at, so I called and let them know I was not coming in. No way I was driving in the snow with all the idiots on the roads around here! Winter comes EVERY year and still people have no idea how to slow down when the nasty roads hit. I also think if you did not grow up and learn to drive in this part of the country that you should have to take a winter driving lesson/test.

I also managed to sneak out of my other job tonight so I had the whole day off! Well then it lead me to some ADHD. My plans had changed and I didn't know what to do with myself. So what did I do, started a whole bunch of projects. Did I finish any? NO! :) So I started to 'dig' out my Christmas decorations (missing my old house again, had one cupboard just for xmas stuff and I didn't have to move a bunch of junk to get it out). I got my hubby (he's back to 4 days a week again... ugg) to hang some shelfs on a wall downstairs (for pictures) and I put up some of our stuff that has been waiting since we moved in to go up on the wall!

I dug out some Christmas gift stuff and thought about wrapping some (but that thought passed!) Then it was on to putting some stuff on the walls, then to my scrapbook, then to stamping, then to my computer to print out some calendars I made, then back to do some assembly on my calendars... ADHD much?

Speaking of calendars... I decided to make some nice calendars for the family. You know the ones that fit in CD cases. Well it seemed like a good idea at the time. 12 months times 6 calendars. Then I had to pre-cut each of them, then cut them with my smaller trimmer so that's 12*6*4*4... 1152 cuts... plus a few extra for touch ups. Then there was the CD cases I bought, they are missing the little clear piece on the bottom that holds the calendar in... so I am going to have to try and swap for some cases that I have stuff in. Sheesh so much for my in-expensive quick gifts! :)

So tomorrow I have to brave the roads and head into work. At least it should be fairly quiet out there!

KIDDO NOTES
Ahh yes the peace has ended and the screaming and fits have come back. Ohhh I didn't not miss those at all. Boy1 is embracing anger these days. Anything doesn't go his way he Screams so loud it's deafening. It is very hard to deal with as it really hits a nerve or 10! I am trying to stay calm as getting mad just makes it worse. But the little bugger has my stubbornness and will scream and scream and scream. He has gone back to flailing around too (greattt!) Tonight he screamed for 2 1/2 hours because he got cold water instead of room temperature water... I think I will be counting to 10 a lot (now if only I could get the other 2 to stop joining in with the screaming.

So Baby has joined in with the screaming now too... what's a parent to do? I know buy ear plugs until they grow out of it!

Then there is Boy2 and his moods... oh boy one never knows if he is going to be happy or pouting... it changes sometimes from second to second.

Please bring back my peace!!! :)

Ahhh yes and then there is string... Baby's mitts are going to be attached to one another next time we go out! So on Thursday I met hubby to do our shopping at the bit Walmart supercenter. When we got to the car one of Baby's mitts was missing. So hubby headed off with the kids and I went for a walk. Did I mention that it was a supercenter? Well I went and re-walked the entire store. I mentioned that it was a supercenter right? I retraced all our steps and I was moving. I even asked in a few departments if anyone found a little mitt. On my way out I stopped at customer service. Nothing, nadda, zip! No sign of the mitt (I got a lot of exercise though) Well as I was heading back out to the car, hubby called to let me know that he had found the mitt under Boy1's butt in the car seat. You are probably wondering why I was worried about one little mitt? Well my MIL knitted it, it is a cute little white one with pink trim. I just couldn't bear loosing one. So next time they are getting attached!

The trip to the supercenter wasn't a lot of fun (Except the money I spent! We needed some stuff and it got expensive... well at least my xmas shopping is done). When I met up with hubby the boys went off with him and the girl stayed with me. She was half asleep and just adorable. She was so good and we had so much fun shopping. Yet another one of those special moments.

night

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 12:20 p.m., December 05, 2009, Anonymous Kristin said...

Wow, that is lot of snow!

I love the calendar idea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home