Sunday, October 11, 2009

#322 - Happy Thanksgiving!

To all my Canadian Friends... Happy Thanksgiving!

We had Turkey at my Aunt and Uncles house, it was great! (I guess Grandma and Grandpa were to busy enjoying Camping to spend Thanksgiving with their Grand kids? Oh well I consider it a nice Birthday Present not to have them around.)

My Aunt and Uncle are always so kind to invite us, but the last little while it has just felt uncomfortable. It's like we are there but we are not a 'part' of their family. Since the kids aren't babies it's like they are invisible. One of my cousins wife thinks she is 'all that' because she is a facilities manager... it is very annoying. I guess it's because I am part of the extended family and we really don't see them very often. I am sad for my kids, but hope that our family is the start of something wonderful for years to come.

It just reinforces to me that I am an only child and it is just me... no extended family for the kids to enjoy. It also makes me so very thankful for my children, we are all now a family and it can only grow from here.

I am thankful for:
- my kids
- my hubby, without him I would not have the kids I have (and I wouldn't have such yummy sandwiches when I go to work)
- having a house to live in
- having enough part time jobs that I can stay home with my kiddos
- having healthy children
- being able to spend the day making thanksgiving turkeys from the kids hand prints
- finally being truly happy (thanks kiddos)
- finally feeling like I am part of someones family (my own)
- having a safe place to live
- having a few really good friends
- the strength to make it through 6 IVF transfers which has brought me to this wonderful 'place' that I am in today
- the experience of twins
- the experience of a singleton
- being a mom...

Good night

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 9:18 a.m., October 12, 2009, Anonymous Kristin said...

Happy Thanksgiving. Those are a wonderful group of things to be thankful for.

 
At 2:04 p.m., October 12, 2009, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

What a beautiful list of things to be thankful for.
I have a similar situation w/part of extended family, so we've moved on and just spend time with a small group of family and friends. Less stress for sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home